Chapter 6- Girls Day Out

Just like how Rome wasn't built in a day, the plan for the storm drains needed to be carefully crafted. But that could wait for another day, for today was Lottie's promised girls day. Mallie never really took much effort in how she looks, but today she carefully combed her hair and put it in a braid.  Mallie, Lottie, Noodle, and Piper headed down to the laundry room to prepare to get out. Walking downstairs, the girls caught sight of Willy, Larry, and Abacus already there.

"Just wanted to see you off" Abacus said smiling at them and they all smiled back

"Thank you, we won't be gone long" Lottie promised to which Mallie scoffed and wrapped her arm around Lottie's shoulders

"We're about to be out all day, that's what a girl's day is for '' Mallie said, but while looking at Lottie she couldn't help but feel someone's eyes on her.

Mallie turned around to see Willy staring at her, she blushed and pretended not to notice. But once she removed her arm from Lottie, Willy walked up to her.

"Your hair looks really good today," Willy complemented, running his hand down the braid, "You've never had it in a braid before"

Mallie could feel everyone's eyes on them but she tried her best to ignore them, "thank you" she said, looking up into his eyes and smiling

Before more was said, Noodle announced it was time and the girls got in.

--

Once out, they decided to go to the amusement park. Noodle had never gone and the girls wanted to give Noodle a chance to experience something every normal child would. When they arrived, Noodle stared in amazement at all the rides. The girls rode the carousel and then while walking, the girls passed by the carnival games. As Noodle was walking past, she caught herself staring at a game where you have to throw darts at balloons to get a price.

"Interested in playing?" the carnival employee asked

Noodle glanced at the girls to get approval,

"How much is it to play?" Piper asked, picking up a dart and observing it, only for it to be plucked out of her hand by the employee

"2 sovereigns for 3 chances" the carnival employee said, feeling defeated Noodle began to walk away until she heard jingling. Noodle turned around to see Mallie giving the employee 2 sovereigns.

Mallie simply smiled at Noodle, "play Noodle its alright"

Getting excited, Noodle went back in front of the game and picked up a dart. Noodle took the first dart and missed, she grabbed the second dart and also missed. Nervously she grabbed the last night, took a deep breath in, and threw it

*POP*

The girls all screamed and ran to hug Noodle. The carnival employee congratulated her and gave her a small stuffed panda bear. The girls began to walk again until they heard the sound of a girl screaming. They turned to see a lady screaming pointing at a man who was running with a purse in his hand. Without even speaking, Piper begins to run after the man and the other girls follow in suit. The man looks back and sees them, making him run even faster. Eventually the man ran across a road and the girls were unable to follow as cars began to fill up the road.

"What do you do" Lottie asks, panicked and looking for another way

"There!," Piper screams pointing at a storm drain, "You've gotta learn your way anyways so let's start today"

The girls all nod at each other and climb in, Piper begins to jog in the drain and the girls follow.

"With the way he was running, there's only one area of town he'd be," Piper said, jogging even faster.

Eventually they make it and the girls observe the area from the drain, upon seeing the man walk into a restaurant. The girls quickly climb out and go into the restaurant. As they walk in, they can immediately tell from the ambiance that this restaurant is fancy like candles and flowers on every table. They look around until Piper spots the man at a table with a random girl, they slowly start to walk towards them.

"Oh Alfie this purse is gorgeous you shouldn't have" the girl gushed, the purse stealer now known as Alfie chuckled at put his arm around her

"Oh doll it was no trouble" Alfie said

"But it was," Piper said interrupting them, "cause you stole that purse"

The girl and Aflie turn to look at her, the woman confused and Alfie with a deer in headlights kind of look. Alfie then turns to the girl and begins muttering some nonsense that what Piper is saying isn't true but when Mallie, Lottie, and Noodle all walk up agreeing with Piper, there's nothing left to say and he grows silent. The girl, outraged, takes her glass of wine and pours it all over Alfie. While he's still shocked, Noodle takes a plate of pasta and throws it at the man, getting all over his face and clothes. Mallie, Lottie, and Piper burst out laughing and as they are doing so, don't realize the man is coming right for them. He grabs a plate and is aiming at Piper's head but before he can do so, Lottie karate chops him in a certain part of the neck, making him go limp and fall to the floor. The others look at her in disbelief.

"What?" she asks, looking at them

"How did you do that?" Mallie asks

"Oh that?," Lottie says pointing at him, "i picked up a couple things when i took a karate class"

"You took karate?" Noodle asked, Lottie shook her head, "youre so cool" Noodle gushes, making Lottie blush

"Excuse me madams" a voice behind them says,

The girls turn around to see a man dressed in a waiter's uniform staring at them with a not so happy look on his face. Before they knew it, they were getting kicked out of the restaurant for "causing a fight" and thus are permanently banned. When asked about the purse to its rightful owner,

"We will seek whatever means we see fit for it as it's rightful owner is not here"

Aka someone in the waiting staff is getting a nice present after their shift. Realizing it was almost sundown, the girls decide its best to head back to Scribbits before any more purse stealing action happens.

"Sorry we couldn't really give you the full amusement park experience Noodle" Mallie says apologetic, but Noodle just laughs

"I honestly think that's the most fun I've ever had in years, you guys are the best friends anyone could ever ask for"

And with that, the girls have a group hug and begin their walk back to Scrubbits.

--

Back in her room, Mallie is waiting for Willy as today is their first official reading lesson. They have had some small lessons while hanging out but nothing official like this. When she hears a knock on the door, she opens it to see Wily. She invites him in and he sits on her chair desk.

"Are you ready to start?" she asks, setting up her chalkboard

"Ready as i'll ever be plus it helps that I've got a pretty teacher"

Mallie freezes in the middle of cleaning her chalkboard of, but trying to think about the lesson instead of Willy's sudden baldness she fights off the urge to blush

"Thank you" she says, turning to look at him, "now let's start

--

The lesson went overall pretty well, as good as trying to teach someone a basic fundamental of life is . Mallie thought that after the lesson he would simply go back to his room, but that didn't seem to be the case.

"Would you like to go out on the town with me?" Willy asks and Mallie agrees

The two escape Scrubbits and just walked around town, enjoying each other's company. By the time they hit near the pier Willy arrived on, they're both crying laughing messes. They both stop to look at the ocean, their laughs dying down.

"It's so beautiful" Mallie says, looking out on the ocean

"It is" Willy said quietly, but what Mallie didn't realize that he was looking at her