Chapter-19 War

Začať od začiatku

Benimaru: "All right! You pigs standing in front of me; you had better run for your lives. Do, and I will spare you."

None of the orcs flinched. They could hear shouts of - Die! - and - You will not ridicule us! - as they charged at the ogres, even more enragedthan before.

Benimaru: "Prepare to die, then!"

Realizing his foes had no intention of fleeing, Benimaru casually thrust his right hand forward. A black ball of flame flickered to life above it, expanding to about three feet in diameter before he unleashed it. Realizing the danger, the orcish soldiers took evasive action--- but they were too late. The fireball continued to expand and accelerate, faster than a hurricane, and the orcs were simply too slow to run from it. 

Anyone who touched it was instantly incinerated, not even leaving a pile of ashes behind. But that wasn't what made the dark fireball terrifying. Several seconds later, upon reaching a large clutch of orcs in front of it, the flame released all the energy it had stored inside. An area three hundred feet in diameter was suddenly cloaked in a dome of pure black, centered around the fireball. Then, a mighty rumble, low and loud enough to freeze the entire battlefield, and the blood of everyone in it. 

The entire area was now quiet, robbed of the sounds of war that ruled over it just a moment ago. This was <Hellflare>, an incendiary attack that dominated like nothing before or since. 

In his evolution, Benimaru had obtained the extra skills <Control Flame>, <Dark Flame>, and <Ranged Barrier>. Combining those with his own mystical skills and a little training from YN led to this creation, an original skill exclusive to himself. 

In a few seconds, the dome disappeared, leaving nothing but scorched earth behind. The marsh water in the area affected had vaporized, the very soil under it turned into glass by the heat. The transformation was stark, and the several thousand orcs who had been under that dome were all now a thing of the past, never knowing what had hit them. 

And it all happened within a minute of the first flicker of flame from Benimaru's hand.

This was the answer Benimaru had for this war. The evolution had turned him into a terrifying magic-born, one whose area-of-effect attacks could now wipe out entire regions at once. He grinned an evil grin.

Sarena: "Open the way pigs or you have to face something even more terrifying than that."

It was Sarena who warned them. She checked on Souei who seems to be doing fine so she decided to join the battlefield. Even if something happens then Yn and Rimuru were still there so there was no reason for her to just observe so she came in front of the orcish armies. 

 Now these orcs knew fear. The <Ravenous> unique skill inoculated them to it to some extent, but Benimaru's tactical strike was more than enough to stoke the fear at the deepest pits of their stomachs. 

This was an attack they could never withstand, no matter what they did. It was on a level they had never experienced before. Magic, they had measures against, but not even the orc generals, equipped with anti-magic full-plate mail, could survive the incineration. Innate resistances to fire, the orcs reasoned, were useless, and they were right--- your garden variety of magical immunity wouldn't work here. This attack was a fearsome antipersonnel weapon, equal to a high-level forbidden incantation. 

There was nothing any of the victims could have done. And not even their ashes remained, robbing the survivors of the ability to consume the corpses and strengthen themselves. No orc soldier could handle a high-level magic born, and his debut struck fear in their hearts. In a panic, they began to stampede, totally out of control. Nothing could knock them back to their senses now; the only thing in their minds was running, quickly, anywhere away from there. And it was that opening salvo that signaled to YN and his forces that it was time to join the fray.