Chapter 5- The Zoo

Mallie was tidying up her room when she heard a knock on the door. Curious, she opened the door to reveal Lottie.

"Lottie?" She asked curiously

"Sorry to disturb you" Lottie said, her tone of voice slightly embarrassed as she began to quietly mumble something

Mallie moved to the side, letting Lottie in as Mallie shut the door. Lottie took a seat on Mallies bed and Mallie followed suit.

"Sorry if i caught you off guard" Lottie finally said

"You're alright Lottie I promise", Mallie said, placing her hand on Lotties for a moment before retreating it, "Now what's going on?"

Lottie took a deep breath before continuing,

"Do you think I could join you on a journey to the city?"

Mallie eyes grew softer,

"Of course Lottie, I have something to do tonight but tomorrow let's get out of here for the day: me you, Noodle, and Piper"

Lotties smiled grew at the words

"I would love that! Almost like a girls day"

"Almost like", Mallie teased, "It's gonna be a full on girls day"

Lottie, knowing Mallie had plans, quickly said goodbye and saw her leave back to her room. Mallie, suddenly realizing she was late, headed down to meet up with Willy and Noodle.

"Took you long enough" Noodle joked as Mallie approached

"I gotta talk to you later but for now let's head to the zoo"

--

Willy and Mallie watched as Noodle spoke to the zoo guard and gave him the chocolate. After accepting, Noodle hurriedly walked to where Willy and Mallie were.

"So what is gonna happen when he eats the chocolate?" Mallie asked as they watched the guard start to eat the chocolate

"Just wait" Willy responded

Mallie, Noodle, and Willy watched as the man started to party, call the girl from his high school chemistry class he was in love with, and then promptly fell asleep. Mallie glanced over at Noodle and then to Willy.

"Uh it kinda feels like we drugged him"

"Nonsense," Willy said brushing Mallie off, "It's just some chocolate"

Mallie dropped it and they walked into the Zoo. As they walked, Willy looked at the flamingos.

"Why do the flamingos never leave?" Willy wondered out loud

"Maybe they just don't want to leave" Noodle suggested

"Or maybe they've never dreamed of anything better than this" Mallie chimed in

Willy turned to Mallie and smiled,

"That's a shame because everyone deserves to have a dream of a greater life"

Mallie smiled back,

"Well maybe they just need someone to lead them"

They finally made it where the zoo holds all the animals at night. They walked in and glanced around, reading the sign for the giraffe. While Noodle and Mallie weren't looking, Willy's "amazing" reading skills had him open up what he thought was the giraffe... only for it to be a tiger. Hearing the roar, Mallie and Noodle jumped over. Mallie grabbed Willys hand and pulled him closer to her as Noodle shut the door.

"You really need to get started on those reading lessons Mallie" Noodle says panting

Mallie stares at Willy, still holding him,