• twenty-five •

enjoy ;)

||

| Jailen |

I wasn't sure if Harry had slept at all through the night considering he kept his hands in the same place they were in when we fell asleep; one on the back of my head and the other trailing up and down my spine. But, his snores proved otherwise.

My hands were tucked between us, littered with pins and needles but I didn't have the need to move.

I listened to Harry's heartbeat. He was awake, I took a peak at him when I first woke up, and he was staring at the ceiling. I could tell that there was something on his mind and we, once again, had something in common.

I think I wanted to say something. I even opened my mouth as if there were words ready to be spoken, but when I came up short, I shut my lips and frowned.

"Good morning, sweetie," Harry rasped, my slight movements letting him know that I was awake.

"Morning," I mumbled back, attempting to sit up, only to be stopped when Harry wrapped his arms around me completely.

"Are you uncomfortable?" He asked.

I pulled my arms from between us, immediately being greeted with relief before I lifted one arm towards his head. I ran my fingers through his hair, massaging his scalp, "I'm comfortable. Are you?"

"Yes," he whispered, trailing off as if he wanted to say something else.

There was an elephant in the room, lingering in the corner and watching us sit in silence, watching us hold each other as if we should've done what we did, as if I should've allowed him to touch me the way he did last night.

I think the worst part was that I was so happy about it. I was so happy to feel like everything between us was normal again and that we didn't have a four-year-old daughter sleeping down the hall, or that it was an accident that I got stuck in the elevator that day...

"Harry, what did we do?" I asked before I could stop myself.

Silence. Deafening silence and for a moment, I regretted asking. But when he turned his head and pressed his lips to my forehead, I couldn't help but lean into him.

"You're overthinking this, baby," Harry's voice was hardly recognizable and if I weren't so close, I wouldn't have been able to understand a word he said.

But I did and he was right.

I was aware that I was overthinking this whole situation but there was something deep down that couldn't shake the fact that I didn't hate him anymore.

Maybe it's because that's what I've held onto for the past four years. It gave me motivation to work harder to keep him away from Hayden and myself. There wasn't a day that I didn't wake up and think about how much I wanted Harry to suffer for what he put me through. To receive the same amount of pain I had received for his part, even if the role he played was minuscule.

But, he was here. In Hayden's life and mine. And today, for once, I didn't wake up and wish any harm on him.

I didn't like that.

I sounded like a broken record, constantly reminding myself of my hatred for Harry. Hatred that I wasn't even sure existed anymore.

Actually, no. It existed still. There was never going to be a part of me that didn't hate him but as of right now, in this moment, with his arms wrapped around me and our breathing synced, he was one of my favorite people.