Chapter 9: Study Groups and Secretary: Ichinose Honami

Yuki POV

A few days have passed since my talk with Honami-chan. During that time, we decided to form study groups so that those with trouble while studying could be taught the topics coming in the midterms. A few students, including me, are chosen as teachers to teach the subjects. The people in my group are Mako-chan, Watanabe-kun, and Himeno-chan. Well, I forced Himeno-chan to join since she wanted to be alone.

To say that I've been going easy on them while helping them study, would be an overstatement. Yet, they complain, saying that it's too hard for them. Right now, they are taking a test in the library that I prepared for them.

Mako: "Ugh! Why are these questions so hard, Yuki-chan!? Go easy on us for god's sake!"

Yuki: "This is the easiest I can get. If you don't want this to be difficult, then study harder." I replied dismissively, after which she just sulked while solving the questions.

Norihito: "Haha, it's not that difficult, Amikura-san. These questions seem a bit easy to me."

Yuki: "See? If you study like Watanabe-kun, you won't find it difficult. Even Himeno-chan is just quietly solving the questions so you should too."

Mako: "Uwaah! I'll complain to Honami-chan about this!" Even if you do that, I doubt that she'll help you.

H. Yuki: "I'm done." I turned to see Himeno-chan handing out her completed paper to me.

Yuki: "Great! How was it?"

H. Yuki: "Well, it certainly wasn't easy but I managed to do it." What do you mean by "not easy"? That's the easiest test I could give you.

Mako: "See? Even Himeno-chan doesn't think it's easy."

Yuki: "But she didn't say that it was difficult either, so what's your point?"

Mako: "You think it was hard. Don't you, Himeno-chan?" She asked while addressing the black-haired girl.

H. Yuki: "It was okay. Neither easy nor difficult." After she finished, I smirked while looking at Mako-chan, who just pouted in response. I then took Himeno-chan's paper and started checking the answers.

Not easy my ass. You got almost all questions correctly and you say that's not easy? I'm disappointed, Himeno-chan.

Norihito: "I'm done! Here you go, Tsubaki-san." He said while handing me his test. I then took it and started to check his answers while addressing Mako-chan, who was the only one who was still doing the test.

Yuki: "You are the only one left, Mako-chan. The rest are done so hurry up."

Mako: "I'm trying!" She whined. While checking, I found a few silly mistakes in Watanabe-kun's test. I got to make him work on that. A few minutes later, Mako-chan finally completed her paper.

Mako: "I'm done! Hoooh, that was tough."

Yuki: 'Finally done. And it wasn't difficult, you just need to study more.' I thought as I took Mako-chan's test.

Wow, you're quite the actress, Mako-chan. While making senseless mistakes, you still almost solved the test. Your score is just a bit lower than Himeno-chan's. After a while of checking, I was finally done, and I began to announce the results.

Yuki: "Well, you 3 did quite well. Himeno-chan, you got 90. Watanabe-kun, you got 82. And Mako-chan, you got..." I paused to give a more dramatic effect.

Mako: "W-what did I get? Stop trying to create suspense, Yuki-chan!"

Yuki: "...you got 87." I finished.