Prologue

A pleasant morning,

A old man is seen running here and there to check on the decoration and other preparation. Because it is his daughter's special day , her marriage. His daughter, Pratha, a simple, elegant, highly educated girl. She is kind of introvert. She lives her Papa so much. She is currently getting ready for her haldi ceremony, her marriage is in the evening.

Let's see what our bride is doing?

In the bride's room,

OMG.. she is looking so stressed. And that fatty tears on her chubby cheeks.. 😔 Let's see what happened..

So she was feeling uneasy since last one week . Firstly she ignored thinking she might be overthinking because of marriage. But after her friend Adaa's insist, she went to doctor. And doctor did some blood test. Today the reports have come to ber email. And to her shock she was one month  pregnant. And from that time she was taking stress.

She called Risabh but he didn't pick up. She thought he was busy in rituals.. she got ready in her haldi outfit.. but she was lost..

Adaa : oye kidhar khoyi hui hai?

PS stammering : hmm han wo nahi kuch nahi

A : jhut maat bol.. tere chahere pe saaf saaf likkha hai ki kuch toh baat hai.. chal bata..

Pratha started sobbing... Adaa asked others to go out. Then she made Pratha sit on bed and made her drink water.

PS : Adaa main .. main pregnant hu.

She said between her hiccups..

A : what?! Okay shant shant ho ja.. it's okay. Waise bhi teri shaadi toh ho hi rahi hai na..

PS : par Rishabh aur maine iss baremein kabhi baat nahi kiya tha.. aur.. I don't know if he is ready now or not.. tu toh janti hai na humari financial condition.. hume yeh sab plan karna hota hai pahele se..

A : bakwas maat kar.. agar maan le Rishabh nahi mana toh? Toh kya tu iss nanhi si jaan ko khud se dur karegi?

PS gasped : nahi nahi kabhi nahi Adaa.. main aisa nahi karungi.. par mujhe ek bar Rishabh ko bhi batana hai.. shaadi se pahele hi..

A : par kyun? Shaadi hone ke baad bata dena na..

PS : par maine already usse message kar diya hai.. wo call nahi utha raha tha isliye..

A : acha thik hai wo dekh lega jab free hoga.. aab muh pich aur chal haldi ke liye..

Adaa took her for haldi..

Skip to shaadi time,

Pratha is ready and waiting for Rishabh to arrive. She saw her WhatsApp and she could see Rishabh saw the message but didn't reply. She was clouded with all negative thoughts.

The guests arrived. Rishabh has invited few of his office colleague along with his Boss Arjun Singhania. They came to shaadi Directly from office and was earlier than Rishabh. Relatives arrived. But till now barat didn't come.

Pratha was pacing here and there in tension. Her father was tensed downstairs. They were calling Rishabh or his parents but none replied. Pratha's father (PD) was now scared of his daughter's future. If barat isn't coming then his daughter's life will destroy. No one will hold her hand. He was breathing heavily. At that moment one strong arm held him. PD looked at him with teary eyes.

PD : Om 🥺🥺 meri bachi tut jayegi..

O : nahi chachu. Kuch nahi hoga.. main na ekbar unke ghar ja kar dekhta hu.. aap pareshan mat hoiye.. Main kuch karta hu..

In the mean time, few guests were leaving, few guest were taunting, few were beside them, few were blaming Pratha. Office colleagues left but Arjun stayed there. He was observing everything. He thought to stay back if any help is required.

In the room,

Pratha tried n number of times to call Rishabh but no response. At last when she tried the phone was switched off. She sat on the bed with a thud.

A : Pratha! Pratha.. kuch bol.. kya hua?? Sab thik hoga.. a jayega wo.. chinta mat kar.. Pratha..

Pratha's mind was clouded thinking about her father's reputation in society, society will blame her and her father will not be able to bear that. She was thinking all of this.

Meanwhile at PD's side,

O : chachu humari choti ki zindagi barbaad nahi hogi.. Rishabh aa jayega..

Arjun who was watching everything from far and was angry on Rishabh for doing such betrayal. He came forward and got shocked to see Om his childhood friend there.

AS frowned : Om .. Om tu yahan?

O : Ar..Arjun? Wo Pratha meri bahen hai.. ye mere chacha..

AS : ohh. Yeh sab kaise? I mean..

O : we are still trying to call Rishabh and his family but phone switch off aa raha hai.. meri bahen ki zindagi kharab kar di iss ladke ne.. kitni bar bola tha usse dur rahe.. par usko uss ladke pe pura bharosa tha.. pata nahi jab usse pata chalega..

A : pata chal gaya hai Om.. abhi wo kamre mein baithi hui hai bina roye. Kuch reaction hi nahi de rahi hai..

PD : meri beti..

He tried to get up from chair but fell down on floor and fainted..

O : chachu.. chachu.. please ankhe kholiye..

A : main Pratha ko bulati hu..

O : hmm

Arjun sprinkled some water to PD but no use.

AS : Om inhe hospital leke jana padega.. main gadi nikalta hu..

Om nodded and Arjun ran to his car.. he took his car infront of the main gate. Then he entered the house to take PD. But he couldn't see Om there near PD. Rather be heard few people shouting upstairs.. he ran there and saw Om is trying to break a door. He helped and the door broke. Om and Ada broke into loud cry when they saw Pratha hanging from fan with help of a dupatta and her legs were writhing indicating she just pushed the stool listening the door breaking sound. A letter was there in her hand.

Arjun ran towards her and catched her by her legs , uplifting her body.

AS shouted : Om help me..

Listening Arjun , Om ran towards them and helped him to take down Pratha.. She was. Ot reacting.. Arjun kept his fingers infront of her nose fearing the possibility....

So two characters added....

Adaa : Pratha's best friend since college time. She never left Pratha's side once the friendship started. She runs her own business. Self made business woman.

Om : Pratha's cousin brother. He is Arjun's friend from school. But after school he didn't continue his education due to the financial condition. He wanted Pratha to be successful so he sacrificed his career. His only family was Pratha and PD. After school gradually Arjun and Om's contact lost. But both used to remember each other. And years later both again met at Pratha's wedding but the situation is not good to celebrate their meet.