O n e

Who would I be

If I had not loved you?

How would I know what love is?

- What would I do, Falsettos

* * *

     "Hermione," Draco called out from the kitchen. "It's time to get up." He put down two plates on their small kitchen table and filled them both up with pancakes, bacon, and toast. "You said that you wanted to get to the station early, which means you have to get up early." He walked into their bedroom and planted a gentle kiss on her forehead, in an attempt to get her to fully wake up. 

     "Good morning." Hermione spoke in a quiet voice as her eyes fluttered open. She looked up at Draco standing above her and smiled brightly.

     "I made you breakfast." Draco said happily as he opened the curtains in the room, letting the natural light in. "I promise this time that I didn't burn the toast."

     "Thank you, Draco." Hermione spoke with a slight chuckle in her voice. She rubbed her stomach. "I think this little guy is hungry too." She said with a smile.

     "I bet he is." Draco said and helped Hermione stand up. They walked over to their kitchen table together and sat down. Hermione looked down at the food prepared before her and began to eat.

     "Big breakfast for a big day." Draco said as he shoved a big bite of pancakes into his mouth.

     "Draco," she said in a loving way. "Thank you so much!" She took a bite of her pancakes. "These are incredible! Are you sure that you made these yourself?" She said with a laugh.

     A slight blush formed across the apples of Draco's cheeks. "Okay fine," he laughed "You caught me. I bought them from the local diner, but if I had made them myself they wouldn't taste nearly as good. You know how horrid I am at cooking." They laughed in unison.

     They both finished their tasty breakfast rather quickly and walked back to the bedroom to get ready for the day ahead of them. Putting on causal outfits, they finished packing the rest of their bags. Once the two were ready, Draco grabbed the luggage and took it out to their car. Draco had never really been fond of driving before, but Hermione had spiked a newfound interest for it inside of him.

     "Ready?" Draco said with an sigh. He truthfully wasn't upset that they had to go back to school for another year, but even though he would rather not admit it, he was extremely anxious. What would people think? He put on a face and made it seemed like silly school gossip didn't bother him, but now that Hermione was pregnant with his child, he knew the rumors would be terrible about them.

     "As ready as I'll ever be." Hermione told him and shot a reassuring smile his way as they drove off in the direction of the train station.

* * *

     They arrived at their destination at 10:50 a.m. Draco opened the trunk and grabbed both his and Hermione's heavy luggage.

     "I'll take my bag." Hermione said proudly as she reached for her bag.

     "Um, no you will not." Draco said matter of factly as he moved the bag away from Hermione's reach. "I don't want you carrying anything heavy. The last thing I want is for you to get hurt." He grabbed both bags and led the way into the station.

     She rolled her eyes at him. "You do know that I can do things on my own? Right Draco?" She pouted. Being as strong willed as she was, there really wasn't much worse than someone looking down on her and treating her in a way that was belittling.