The Greens would come to Laena's funeral, even if they were the unwelcome ones. Viserys had declared it in a raven, stating that he would be there to support his nephew. Soon, they would arrive on the beaches beyond the keep. This barren island of rock and sand where Laena had wanted to give birth, close to the familiarity of her childhood home and her parents. Orlys had agreed, excited to meet his child.

It had not ended happily. It ended with Baela and Rhaena motherless, and Orlys without his love. It ended with Daemon urging Caraxes to great speeds over the ocean, Leanna clutching his back, to be there for their son.

Orlys, bitterly, turns to her. "I don't want them here. They had no love for her. They killed Laenor, and they should never show face here."

"I know," Leanna sighs. "But we cannot turn the king away."

Nor the queen, she thinks angrily as the ships pull sail along the wharfs. She watches from the safety of the castle. Noting, wryly, the lack of greeting Rhaenys has put forth. She, like the rest of them, wants nothing to do with the queen. Leanna is grateful to see the lack of dragons, this time. The only ones on Driftmark are Caraxes, and Vhagar. There would be no accidents this time. No more death. Viserys has demanded peace, and peace will be had.

Keeping her expression cold, Leanna moves to Rhaenys's side on the balcony. The king is the last to arrive on the dock when Rhaenyra and Aerys are present behind Leanna. Stiffly, Rhaenyra steps forward. Eyeing the small figures along the docks. Her mouth dips downward at the sight of the queen, and Leanna cannot help but remember the strengthened animosity as of late. Alicent, right after the birth of Rhaenyra's third son Baelon, had demanded the child be brought before her. Demanded so harshly that Rhaenyra made the journey through the Red Keep herself. Leaving a trail of blood behind her and turning Aerys into a raging fire at her side. It was unnecessary. It was petty. It was cruel. Fuel to an already-smoldering pile of embers. All of them were waiting with bated breath until the day it finally exploded.

Leanna does not understand how Rhaenyra spent any time in King's Landing after that. The few months of the year she spent on Dragonstone seemed too short. Too dismal to the time in the capitol.

"Be gracious," Rhaenys warns the princess, turning from the ocean.

"Even if we cannot ask the same of Orlys?" Rhaenyra glances back at the dark figure. He is sitting with his daughters now, forcing joy as he entertains them. Leanna knows the expression will splinter when he sees Alicent.

Close has he grown with his brother and Rhaenyra since the birth of his daughters. Close enough to feel every subtle slight against the heir, and close enough to loathe Alicent Hightower. Closer now they would grow that Orlys is alone in this world and needing the support of his family. Feeling their eyes, he glances up at them, affording his mother a grim expression.

"I'm afraid they will not want to leave their father," Rhaenys sighs. "Tell the Greens nothing of our plans. The less they know of our actions, the better."

"Yes," Leanna dips her chin. "I can only hope this goes smoothly and there are no more attacks against us. I am growing tired of the pettiness of the queen."

Rhaenyra positions herself close to Leanna when they stand before the sea, watching the stone casket drop into the water. Sinking to join Laenor, and their ancestors.

Leanna feigns graciousness when Alicent approaches them. She has eyes for Orlys, mostly, however she dips her chin at Rhaenyra and Leanna respectively.

"My apologies for your loss, Lord Orlys." He does not respond, his face dark and tense as he regards her with contempt. Leanna hisses quietly, praying he will keep his tongue under the scrutiny of so many eyes. "Have you considered remarrying?"

It's a bold question. Too forward. At her side, Rhaenyra stills. Watching Orlys with bated breath. It would be easy for him to step out of line. Too easy for Alicent to call her guard dog on him, and Leanna is afraid of how the day might progress after that. Bloody, and deadly.

"Only if my king and his heir request it," he answers, voice low. "Though I consider your question to be entirely inappropriate, considering my wife and son are gone not even a fortnight."

Alicent, unbothered, sniffs. She gestures to her left, towards her children.

"If you reconsider, my daughter Helaena is nearly into womanhood."

"That is more than enough," Rhaenyra steps forward, lifting a hand to Orlys's arm. "My brother-in-law is mourning. Our sweet Laena was his love, and even you should know not to pursue such political ambitions right now."

It was almost a peace offering from Alicent, Leanna thinks. No matter how twisted. She regards Alicent carefully. Her face is guarded. Not quite marked with a genuine light, but not dishonesty, either.

Marking Rhaenyra's warning, Alicent nods. "Of course, but I would ask Lord Orlys to remember my offer."

"It will be remembered, no doubt," he snaps, finally breaking his composure and breezing past Leanna. She watches him stalk towards Daemon and Aerys, knowing just how bothered he is by the set of his shoulders.

"Such a shame," Alicent continues. "What will be done with his daughters? I can hardly think that Rhaenys will allow her only heirs to be raised in the Stormlands. Will they be separated?"

The question falls on Leanna. Stiffly, she folds her hands before her and looks past Alicent. The twins are with Rhaenyra's sons. Jacaerys and Lucerys comforting the girls solemnly, mostly at the prompting of Rhaenyra.

"Such matters are not entirely important right now. I'm sure you understand," she offers.

"What about the matter of Rhaella, then?" Alicent's gaze travels to the armored figure several paces away.

"What about her?" Rhaenyra asks coolly.

"Lady Leanna, I did not see you appearing your daughter to parade about as a knight. She is well past being ready for a husband."

"Rhaella has sworn herself to me as my protector. It is not something Leanna or Daemon have influence over anymore. After all, we have utmost sway over our details, don't we?" The question is piercing. An accusation, targeted at the cursed figure Alicent has brought along with her. Not welcome here, so near to the sacred grounds of the Velaryons. Yet still poisoning the very air he occupies. Alicent takes the subtle hint and turns from them, but neither woman misses the gaze that scrapes over Rhaella.

Rhaella, her posture stiff, meets the queen's gaze without flinching. She was more than a puppet, like Criston. She was a trusted confidant of the princess, and she would never forget the darkness of her childhood. The death of her would-be husband, and a part of her would always blame Aegon's dragon for attacking Alyssa. No matter the truth of it, there was a rage in her that would not be settled. She was their weapon, and she was proud of it.

"That was lovely," Leanna sighs, turning her back on the company. "They can't leave soon enough."

"I'm going to speak with my father," Rhaenyra excuses herself.

As the princess moves, Rhaella follows.