☆The First Day of Hogwarts☆

☆Juliette's POV

When I woke up it was still early, so I slowly got out of bed and headed to the bathroom making sure not to wake anyone else up. I found that I had new robes that had the Gryffindor emblem instead of the Hogwarts ones. I smiled, I was finally in a house, I had been waiting forever to go to Hogwarts and now I'm here. I just can't wait to see what this year has in store; I just know it will be amazing! Soon I was ready I had put my hair into a half up half down, but I braided it around the back of my head. I then walked out into the common room to see Hermione awake reading; her hair was frizzier than usual.

"Hey Hermione" She looked up from her book and smiled,

"Good morning!" she closed her book and walked to her trunk, taking out her new robes. "I am going to get changed" I nod and smile.

After a couple of minutes, she came back out in her robes, puffy but less frizzy than before hair. "You ready to head to breakfast?" I nod and we both head down the stairs. I stop at the boy's dormitory and look up hoping the boys will come down, but they didn't, so I followed Hermione down the stairs, out the portrait hole, down more stairs, and into the Grand Hall. We sat down at the Gryffindor table and ate the most delicious food I have ever tasted.

Once we were done eating, we headed to class. It took a while since there were so many different pathways to take and we didn't know where our classes were. But after a while Hermione and I arrived at class there were only a few people there, we sat down at a table close to the front and waited for class to start. Soon almost all the desks were filled but Harry and Ron had yet to arrive.

Professor McGonagall had taken attendance and was telling us all about transfiguration and she turned herself into a cat! I'm pretty sure she's an Animagus, I've read all about them I would love to be one, one day. We then started reading the first chapter of our book when Ron and Harry ran in. They were both panting they must of ran all the way here. They ran to the front of the classroom and stopped. Professor McGonagall was still in her cat form sitting on top of her desk.

"Phew, we made it! Could you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late!" Ron said stupidly, Harry just nodded. Professor McGonagall took that moment to turn from a cat to a person again. Surprising both Ron and Harry.

"That was bloody brilliant Professor!" Ron said shocked

"Thank you for the assessment, Mr. Weasley, perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter or yourself into a pocket watch. That way one of you will be on time!"

"W-We got lost," Harry said looking worried.

"Then perhaps a map, I trust you don't need one to find your seats!" Ron and Harry nodded before rushing over to sit at the table Hermione and I were at.

☆Harry's POV

Harry had been quite right to think Professor McGonagall wasn't a teacher to cross. Strict and clever, she gave them a talking-to the moment they sat down in her first class.

"Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts," she said. "Anyone messing around in my class will leave and not come back. You have been warned." Then she changed her desk into a pig and back again. They were all very impressed and couldn't wait to get started, but soon realized they weren't going to be changing the furniture into animals for a long time.

After taking a lot of complicated notes, they were each given a match and started trying to turn it into a needle. By the end of the lesson, only Julie and Hermione had made any difference to their matches; Professor McGonagall showed the class how it had gone all silver and pointy and gave Hermione and Julie a rare smile.