Chapter 1 - The unexpected meet (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"I know, but still, it doesn't feel right. Also, now your brother is back, and he doesn't even know me, so it would be more problematic."

"Stop being stubborn. You will barely see him in the house. He is always out either working or partying."

"I don't know what to do. Let's wait; maybe the renovation will not happen, and the problem will be solved."

"You know I always liked your stubborn and delusional side, but sometimes it makes me feel nauseous."

"Well, then have some water," I teased her.

"Please, Tia. At least let me know what is happening, and feel free to barge in. You're always welcome to my home."

"I promise I will, and thank you for always being such a sweetu. I love you, you know," I said smiling.

"Ya ya, you do, and I do too. Now let's order; also, I have to leave early to meet Abhi," she said checking her watch.

"Girlfriend before boyfriend, Ms. Shruti Yadav. Just kidding," I said laughing. "Let's order."

We finished our coffee and headed back to our usual destination. When I came back home, I saw a paper which seemed like a notice, was at my door.
The renovation was finalized now, and all the tenants are requested to leave within one week. The renovation will take 3 months. It's our choice if we want to be back here since the contract for the year had been terminated.

My stomach did all the twists and turns of the world, and suddenly I was feeling sick. I thought of calling Shri once again, but it was late, and I just want to sleep.

I woke up and got ready for the day, but before I leave for the office, I texted Shruti to meet me at our usual place at the usual time.

Today she was late. After 10 minutes, she was hurrying up to our table.
"Late late late" I teased her.

"You can't expect to be the star every day," she said while sitting.

"The renovation is finalized." I told her and expected her to be shocked.
She wasn't shocked. I could tell that by her face."I knew it." After a pause she started "Tomorrow is Saturday, so I hope your office is closed. If not, take a leave. I will come to your house, and we will pack your things and come to my house. That's it. Final." she said in a firm voice. "Your denials will not be accepted, Ms. Tia Sharma, so do not waste your time and energy being stubborn."

I hesitated as any typical Indian would when offered such generosity but after some thought I agreed. "Certainly, I feel like I can't say anything. So it's a yes, my mother. You order, and I follow," I said, mocking.

"Well, I am impressed."

"But genuinely please tell me if your family will be fine with this. I don't want to trouble them," I questioned her.

"Genuinely, yes, they will be fine. Now shut up and order, or we can just leave."

"Rude, rude, rude."
"Ha ha ha."

She was serious when she said that she would come to my house, pack my things with me, and take me to her home. We packed most of our things that we could carry by Uber. The rest are all furniture, which will be shifted later. After insisting and literally begging Shri to pay for staying, she half-heartedly agreed.