Chapter Five: A man back from the dead

Start from the beginning

I managed to struggle to my feet to find the motorbike in the trees beside me. The car I had crashed into I could no longer see but a few cars had stopped and a few were coming out there cars to see if I was alright. I heard motorbikes near by but I had to chuck myself a side as sharp black looking thorns came at me.

I looked up to see a creature with huge wings covered in thorns and I was taking he used them to attack people. I was on the ground trying to think but I didn’t have time as he zoomed towards me, some of the humans in there cars were trying to drive away they of course could see the creature too.

 I pulled of my rucksack pulled out my shield and made it big and pulled out my sword from my belt. “Bring it on” I shouted at it. First of all considering I have never used a sword in my life I did pretty well and secondly considering I was shaking full of fear and I was terrified I was not going to get out of this alive I managed to least hurt it.

It landed in front of me and that was when some people abandoned there cars and began to scream and run around all over the place. I turned to face the creature with my whole arm shaking but I managed to swing my sword at it but it just knocked me aside and a few thorns of its stomach came at me. I knocked three of them away with my shield but the fourth was shot towards my leg. I jumped as high as I could and I managed to land on the monsters back. It looked surprised and began to roar at me but I wedged my sword into the creatures back but I jumped and rolled into the trees because I was not going to stick around to find out what happened.

“Fate get down” I heard Anya shout from somewhere.

I cruelled further into the trees as I saw arrows shot from all directions all heading towards the creature. This creature was not in the mood to play run away from the arrows and get distracted from its true prey. It lunged towards me before I could manage to move but Anya dropped out in front of me and her arrow went into the monsters stomach and it fell to the ground.

“Sorry about that Fate…we didn’t sorry” she said to me.

“Its alright Anya…how was you to know a creature was going to attack me” I smiled at her.

 “Your alright I guess you ok” she asked.

 “I will live…a bit wear and tear but its nothing major I will be fine…I try not to crash into anymore cars though that hurt” I laughed.

 “Yeah” she smiled at me. Anya helped me get the motorbike out from the trees and considering it wasn’t that damaged I would be able to still ride it.

We found the girls of light and Paul standing next to their motorbikes at a gas station.

 “Right from now on we need to insure we are not all leaving anyone behind, if we do more of chance that person will die but anyway we best keep moving Fate has said he is fine to carry on” said Anya.

Everyone looked over at me slightly worried but didn’t say anything but instead remounted their motorbikes. I got back onto mine hoping my second try wouldn’t be as bad as my first but I couldn’t imagine it getting any worse then my first time or less I crashed into a truck and then I was likely to die.

My second time around I managed to keep up with everyone else and we travelled down plenty of country roads which looked like the same half the time and if I was not with the girls of light and Paul would have got lost hours ago. The time lunch time came around which was around 12:30 pm we stopped in some trees and Alli pulled out sandwiches for everyone.

Anya and Paul were sitting next to each other in full conversation but that didn’t stop them from looking over at me now again like they were talking about me. I was sitting on my own but the girls of light were near by and seemed to be keeping an eye on me too. I stood up and walked over to a river near by I couldn’t help but wonder if we had any chance of finding the chest before the four days were up and I still didn’t get how the rock had anything to do with the chest at all.