31: Sacrifice

Y/N STARK (6-2-8)

The witch let go of my mind as soon as we exited the portal. I had a split second to take in my new surroundings — a strange looking temple hewn of rock — before she used her magic to throw me onto the stone table in the centre.

"What do you want from me?" I gasped.

The witch looked at me. "Your power."

I blinked at her in confusion. "Why?"

"Because everything I ever loved was taken from me," she stated calmly. "And I am going to get it back, by whatever means necessary." She watched me for a moment before adding, "There was another like you. A young girl with the ability to travel through worlds. Your powers are different, though — and she has no variants. I doubt you do, either."

She lifted her hands, and I cried, "Wait!"

She paused, red magic encasing her hands and nothing more. She cocked her head, waiting for me to speak, and I gulped down air, trying not to panic.

"Please," I begged. "I — I know you, Wanda, in my world. You don't have to do this—"

"I have no one left," the witch interrupted viciously. "Everyone I love is gone. My brother, my husband, my — my children..." her voice wobbled slightly, before she composed herself. "I promise this is nothing personal."

Before she could cast the spell, a web attached itself to her hand, yanking her away from me. The witch stumbled and I scrambled off the table to see my Peter shoot another web at her. I teleported beside him, ready to take us both to another universe, when the witch threw a ball of magic at us. It blasted us apart and I hit the ground, rolling towards the ledge. I stopped myself from going over and got to my feet, prepared to fight the witch in order to get away, when I froze.

The witch held the back of Peter's head tightly, and there was a thin rope of red magic around his throat. I knew that band of magic could cut off airflow if the witch willed it, and I looked at her with pleading eyes.

"If you don't give me your power, the boy dies," she stated coldly. "I'll let him live if you hand it over."

"Don't do it, Y/n!" Peter warned.

Another band of magic wrapped around his mouth, muffling his speech. "Hush," the witch hissed.

I hesitated. If I didn't give up my power, Peter would die. But if I did, who knew how many others would suffer the same fate? How many people would the witch kill in order to get what she wanted?

The witch's eyes softened slightly, as did her voice. "If you give me your power, I can send you both to a world where you'll be happy together," she promised.

I glanced at Peter, who shook his head frantically, but there was no other option. Either he died and the witch took my powers and possibly my life too, or she just took my powers, and the two of us... the two of us could be happy.

Wasn't that the reason why I hadn't told anyone about our Multiversal dilemma? Because I'd wanted to keep Peter with me, wanted to be happy with him. The answer was almost too easy to make.

"Okay," I whispered. "Please, just don't hurt him."

The witch's smile grew, and Peter was flung through the air and against the far wall. He hit the rock harshly but kept conscious, and the witch hoisted me back onto the table with her power.

"I don't want any more interruptions," she stated.

She began to walk over towards me, her fingertips brushing over the table. I could feel my power inside me, begging to be released, to go somewhere, anywhere but here. I was going to lose that, in merely a few minutes, if that. I would never teleport anywhere ever again.

"Don't cry, dear," the witch cooed as a tear slipped down my cheek. "It will all be over in a moment."

She lifted her hands, red magic swirling around them, before a bright light began to shine in front of me. I looked over to see a star-shaped portal, and several people spilled out, all of them familiar but one.

They came for me, I thought.

The witch stepped forward menacingly, prepared to slaughter them all, when her eyes landed on a specific silver-haired man. She stopped in her tracks, her eyes growing wide, and her magic keeping me down disappeared.

"Pietro?" she whispered, her voice cracking.

I gathered all of my strength, remembering how the witch had me do it, and created a portal in front of her. Before she could react, I shoved her in the back, sending her stumbling into the new world.

WORDS: 0.7K

NOTES: lol