15. date

WALKER WALKED OUT OF THE bath room, sitting on the bed.

"Hey." Hazel said as she scrolled through her phone.

"Hey. Can I ask you something?" Walker asked, building up any courage he had.

"Anything, you know that." Hazel said, shutting off her phone and looking at Walker.

"Uhm... Do you wanna like... You know... Go somewhere tomorrow with only me?" Walker asked.

"Like a date or hangout?" Hazel questioned, blushing as she held down a smile. She hoped he meant it as a date.

"Date." Walker confirmed.

"Of course. Where would we go, though?" Hazel asked.

"You pick." Walker said, happy that she accepted it, as he was horrified she would deny.

"Oh, my gosh, I'm so smart. That trampoline park down the street and then we can go to the mall after stealing Ryan's credit card, then we'll get, like, Chick-fil-a and then we'll come back." Hazel planned.

"Amazing. Well, goodnight, love you." Walker said and turned of his lamp light.

"I'm not going to sleep yet, but love you too, goodnight." Hazel said and also turned off her side lamp.

HAZEL STOOD OUTISDE HER HOTEL door and waited for Walker to step out. She was in some leggings and a crewneck (or whatever you think is comfortable) since they were just going to the trampoline park and probably going to some fast food place after.

"Ladies and gents, it is thee." Walker said as he walked out in jeans and a green hoodie.

"So handsome." Hazel jokes and ruffles his hair. Walker pushes her hand away, not wanting it to be ruffled.

"Don't touch. It's my lucious locs." Walker said and put his hand around her shoulder. Hazels shoes flopped on the floor as she was wearing sandals with her nike socks.

"Are they really lucious, though?" Hazel asked. Walker dropped his hand from around her shoulder and his jaw dropped. "I'm just joking! Their luxurious!"

"Now that's what I'm talking about." Walker said and dragged her outside to walk to the trampoline park since it was only a mile away and wouldn't take long.

"So, I've been thinking of date questions all night and I got a specific one. If you could've acted in any other movie, like a really good one, what would it be?" Hazel asked as she laid her head on Walkers shoulder.

"Uh, probably The Hunger Games I would love to be out in the woods like that to film." Walker said.

"Wait, they filmed in the woods like that? Actually?" Hazel asked.

"Uhm, I'm pretty sure. Search it up." Walker thought about it and gave up.

"Okay." Hazel obeyed and searched it into safari. "Uh, I'll read it. 27 DuPont State Forest, Cedar Mountain, North Carolina. These woods were used as a forest in the 74th Hunger Games' arena. In this area, the Gamemakers create a fire so Katniss won't stray too far away. This is also where Katniss discovers and tends to a wounded Peeta who's camouflaged among the rocks."

"So they did. See, I was right." Walker chuckled.

"Shut up. Your turn. Date question, go." Hazel said and pointed at him.

"Uh, first kiss?" Walker asked without even really thinking.

"I haven't had my real first kiss. You?" Hazel said.

"I've kissed Momona in Secret Headquarters." Walker explained.

"That don't count. I kissed a boy in The Babysitters Club, that wasn't real. That's what I meant I haven't had a real first kiss." Hazel said.

"Oh. Well if so, I haven't had a first kiss." Walker frowned as he thought about it.

"Mhm." Hazel said before their conversation continued. Any conversation they had could never be awkward. They just talked and didn't care what the other one said.

Soon, the arrived and checked in. They were told to put on special socks and they obviously did so they didn't get kicked out. The trampoline park was bougie, and Ryan would've called it.

It had big trampolines that people played dodgeball on and just some normal ones people bounced on. And if you were bored with that, there was a little play place for kids with slides and stuff you could climb and to make it even more fun, laser tag and a mirror maze.

"Oh, my God! Laser tag! Let's play that and then bounce." Hazel sounded like a kid with her dad.

"Okay." Walker chuckled at her and walked over to the laser tag as he held hands with her. Soon, they got paired up with some teenagers who were not gonna care for the kids, so they just decided to go against the people they know unless it was down to just the two.

"Ready, set... go!" the man yelled and then they all ran.

Hazels team ended up winning with her and the 17 year old girl, and then Hazel and Walker ran over to the trampolines.

"That was so fun until you shot me. It was so fun chasing you as you dodged me." Walker said as they sat on one of the trampolines leaned against the wall.

"Mhm. It was so fun getting heartburn from running so fast. Felt like I was at school running the mile again." Hazel said as she held her stomach.

"Don't be a drama queen, I can't run that fast." Walker chuckled and turned towards her. The park was dark, so he couldn't really see her face as she looked at the ceiling.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Hazel said as she turned over and held eye contact.

Walker didn't speak, but soon he started looking at Hazels lips. Hazel took notice and started looking at his. Without notice, they started moving closer.

I'm sure you know what happened. Their lips connected and everything felt perfect. Finally after forever, they finally kissed. Hazel put her hand on Walkers cheek as they kissed, enjoying the moment as much as Walker.

Hazel felt so much in that moment. Butterflies flew around her stomach, thoughts left her head. The only thing in her mind was this boy she's liked for so long. Walker was also happy. Fireworks bursted in his stomach, his eyes closed so light work like they just shut without any force. He felt in this moment, he was supposed to be here.

He had his hand on Hazels waist, until they finally pulled away. Hazel swore she saw happiness dancing around in Walkers eyes.

"I've loved you for so, so long." Walker said.

"I've loved you ever since I've known who you are. You may not be perfect, Walker Scobell. But you're perfect for me."

𝗮𝘂𝗯𝗿𝗲𝘆𝘀 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀
-so there's already 5 chapters of the mason thames book so that's exciting 🗣️ (i've been working on it for two days and i have a bunch of time on hand so yippee)
-and hazel and walker are in the mason thames book so you guys can say that they're cute still 💯
-just woke up bc i went to sleep at 5 am 10k readsss???? i love you guys sm
-also why does it say this book is #1 in the walker scobell hashtag... please humble me and tell me it doesn't say that because this book is kinda balls