To Wish Impossible Things

Start from the beginning

I walked around until I saw Jake walking with a brunette woman.

"Ugh.'' I threw my head back before finding Haley and Luke.

''Did you find out who it was?''

''Some skank. She's pretty too.''

"Wait, someone out bid you for Jake?'' Luke looked at me.

''Yea. Everyone knows we're together. The thing is, she doesn't look like she goes to school here. I don't recall seeing her around.'' I pout, stomping my foot like a child.

"We're going to the roof, if you want to come.'' Haley offered.

''Nah, that's okay. I think I'm gonna go raid the Cafe, then head home and lay in bed.''

''Sounds productive.'' Luke joked.

"Yeah well, i have to keep my mind occupied so that I don't think about my boyfriend with that beautiful skank.''

"Good luck with that.''

I enter the Cafe as Mom and Mr. Sawyer wave at me.

''We have any sweets?'' I asked.

"Cookies, pie and brownies.''

I got a bag and started putting desserts in it.

"You okay honey?'' Mom asked.

''No. Some beautiful brunette hooker out bid me for Jake.''

"You know Jake wouldn't do anything with her.''

''Of course I know that. My imagination, on the other hand, doesn't.'' I huffed.

''See y'all later. Bye mom, Papa Sawyer.'' I waved before ducking back out of the cafe.

I sat in bed when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I said taking a bite of a chocolate cookie.

I smiled as Jake came in. He had tears in his eyes, causing me to open my arms for him to crawl into. I sat there, hands running through his hair.

''Is Jenny okay?'' I panic a bit.

''Yeah... Its Nikki.''

''What did she do?''

''She's the one that out bid you for me.''

''What?!'' I exclaimed.

''Yeah... She says she wants to be in Jen's life, in my life.''

"And?''

"She kissed me.'' I froze

''And I kissed her back. It was only for a second. I just got caught up in the way she was talking about Jen, and she had always had this hold over me.''

Jake sat up and looked at me.

''I'm so sorry.''

I let a tiny smile show on my face.

''I understand Jake. You guys have a lot of history. You have Jenny together. I get it.''

''I never thought I'd see her again, I wish she'd never came back.'' Jake said.

"it's going to be fine. You have me, you have Jenny. You're going to be fine Jake.'' I admonish as I kissed him.

"Thank you Blake, for being here for me.''

''What are girlfriends for?'' I chuckled.

"Wanna come over to my house? See Jenny?''

''Yeah.'' I pulled on some joggers and uggs before heading to Jake's car.

"Jake! Someone's at the door!" I call as I got up to answer it.

"Fancy meeting you here.'' Jake jokes right behind me as I opened the door.

I realized who it was, Nikki. Jake went to shut the door.

''Nikki, don't do this.'' Jake sighs getting in front of me.

''Jake, please. Keeping Jenny away from me because I hurt you is wrong.'' Nikki states trying to come back in.

Jake goes on the porch closing the door behind him, though I can still hear everything.

''Can't you just forgive me?''

''Not a chance, bitch.'' I scoffed to myself.

''It was a Wednesday.'' Jake said, making me confused, and clearly i wasnt the only one.

"What? What was?"Nikki questioned.

"The day I realized that you weren't coming back. I loved you. You knew I loved you. I would have done anything for you. But you betrayed me. So it was that same Wednesday that I stopped loving you. And I promised myself that my daughter would never feel the pain that you caused me. You want to hear me say it? Fine. You broke my heart, Nikki. But you will never break my daughters heart because you will never, ever have the chance to.'' Jake crossed his arms.

''I'm going to be in her life, Jake. With you or without you.'' Nikki threatened before walking away.

I slid out the door and wrapped my arms around Jake.

''She can't have Jenny, it will kill me.''

''I know baby.''