Κεφάλαιο Ένα

this somehow resembles Crete without the clouds but only a black sky

[Chapter One: A blast to a brighter future, literally.]

"Have you ever wondered on how high that blackness go? Like does it ever end?" Khrea, my friend, asked tuning her head to look at me confusion and curiosity filling her eyes.

Sitting up, I cocked my head to the side my brows furrowing I shook my head disagreeing. Never have I really thought about that endless blackness, but sometimes my mind wanders and my mind keeps on popping questions that I have no answers to.

Realizing she was still waiting for me to speak, "No," I replied but continued, "—but I have thought on what's at the end of it though..." I trailed off.

Looking back at Khrea she seemed to be focused on something and as I rotated my head to the side my eyes caught a glimpse of some blue-suited watchers with a wide eyed guide being dragged behind them.

What are watchers? Well technically they are what my parents think who are supposed to protect and make peace in our city, basically torturing any citizen who'd protest on anything they command or say.

Also we have two kinds of watchers: the white-suited ones, the nice ones and the blue-suited ones, the corrupted and cruel ones. To see blue-suited ones dragging a helpless guide behind them immediately lit a fire inside of me because in the first place that man is innocent and second guides' are ranks higher than any citizen except for the designated.

My body pulsed from my fury and Khrea sensed it so as I got up from my position behind my friends vehicle she immediately grabbed my arm stopping me from what I'm about to impulsively do.

Typical Khrea, always keeping me safe. But I so badly wanted to garble their faces on the metal surface that I want it to dent.

So I laid a reassuring hand on my friend and said, "Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything stupid... just something a little bit impulsive." Khrea archedt her brow curious on what I'm about to do but I pleaded with my eyes and she eventually nodded.

"Jus.. just be safe, okay?" She gave me a half hug. "Also don't tell my parents about this, they're probably going to go crazy when they find out." Nodding again, she got into the drivers' seat and I hopped out the back.

Let me explain a little. Well, my parents.... Well they're what you may call the head leaders of Crete City and as all citizens like to call them both: the principals. In old books of Crete City it is written there that our city was a lone city meaning there have been no other discoveries of any other place or city that has sheltered hundreds of thousands like ours did.

But in my opinion, I know that there's something more out there... maybe beyond the metal borders and maybe at the end of the black hole there'd be much more than this old crumbling city.