Part two

The next day she is riding to school with Steve and his girlfriend Nancy. she is so bored so she decided to pull out her ex-man comic. They stop at the middle school a few minutes later Em was about to leave when Steve said "Em wait"

"Yes Steve" she said sitting back in the car.

"Can you and Nancy look over my early college application"

Em lets out a laugh thinking that her 18 year old brother is asking his younger sister for help with a collage level essay. "Really? ok" she says grabbing the paper which her and Nancy read and give back feedback. 

"This is pretty good but I have to go to class bye Nance bye Stevie" Em states before ruffling his hair and getting out of the car.

"WATCH THE HAIR EM" Steve screams which Em laughs at and start walking in the school when a car comes speeding in. 'why are they in such a rush; em thinks to herself.

She walks inside the school building and just her luck she bumps into someone. Her books drop and so does the other girls. Em looks up to see a red head. 

"I am SO sorry let me help you" Em kneels down to pick up the books as she continues to ramble on "I am so clumsy I must have got that from my brother again so sorry-" She pauses as she finishes picking up the books and handing it to the red head. "And I'm rambling aren't I" she says mentally slapping herself.

"Yea you are" the girl laughs as she responds. "I'm Max and you are?"

"Evelyn but everyone calls me Em. But you can call me Eve or anything. I mean anything except Evelyn. I hate that name it reminds-"

"Calm down, I'll just call you Em." Max cuts off the girl rambling placing a hand on her shoulder in an attempt to calm her down. Ems eyes dart to the girls hand her heart beating a million miles and hour. Max removes her hand. "Oh I was wondering if you knew where the principals office was its my first day so....."

"Oh yeah of course, it's up there to the left" Em says her heart still racing. "UM I got to get to class I'll see you around maybe if you want to?"

"I'll see you around Em" Max laughs as her skateboard touches the ground and she skates away.

"Awesome" Em says under her breath walking to Mr.Clarks class where Dustin, Mike, Lucas, and Will where.  all of them noticed Ems massive smile as she sat down in her seat and giggled well staring forward. the boys leaned into the middle of them.

"Did Em just giggle? Em doesn't giggle." Dustin asked very surprised.

"I don't know man we should probably check on her." Lucas responses quick.

"She hasn't been like this since Rachel McEvens in the 6th grade." Mike calls out. It sometimes was weird to have a girl in the group but the boys all loved her and she was cool so they stuck around. 

Dustins leans over to Em then asking, "Em you good?" All the boys are staring waiting for a response.

She giggles again. "Never better Dusty never better?"

Mr. Clark walk in and pulls out a model of the human brain. "Meet the human brain, I know. Know, it doesn't look like much. A little gross even, right? But consider this. There are a hundred billion cells inside of this circle of evolution all working as one. No no I did not misspeak and I did not stutter. A hundred billion." Just as Mr. Clark finishes speaking the door closes and in walks the principal and Max.

Ems heart starts beating fast at the site of Max. She tries to contain her smile. Dustin looks over at Em and then knows the exact reason she was giggling earlier.

Mr. Clark begins speaking again. "Ah this must be our new student."

"Indeed, all yours" the principal says and then he walks out.

"All right hold up. You don't get away that easy." Mr. Clark stops the girl who was trying to get to her seat. "Dustin, drum roll." Dustin starts tapping his book lightly. "Class please welcome, all the way fro sunny California, the latest passenger to join us on our curiosity voyage Maxine."

"Max" The girl says cold.

"sorry?"

"Nobody calls me Maxine its Max"

"MadMax" Lucas whispers to dustin.

"Well all aboard Max." Mr.Clark says.

She walks away from Mr. Clark as she spots Em and waves at her and then she goes to her seat and slumps down into the chair Em felt her face go pink as the boys turned to look at Max.

                                                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After class the boys and Em were watching Max skate. "There's no way that's Mad Max" Mike said to the group.

"Yeah girls don't play video games." Will agreed with Mike earning a glare from Em.

"Last time I checked I'm a girl and I'm beating all of you at most of the games in the damn arcade." Em exclaimed loud causing will to look down and apologize under his breath.

"Even if she was Mad Max you can't get 750,00 points on Dig Dug." Mike says completely ignoring Em.

"This is ridicules I'm just gonna talk to her and not stalk her like you guys." Em says as she gets up and walks over to Max. " Hey Max"

"Oh hey Em you do know your friends are stalking me" Max laughs as she picks up her board.

"Oh yea I'm sorry about them. they think you are the person who stole my top score on Dig Dug." Em says getting flustered all over again.

"Wait are you Emster?"

"Are you actually Mad Max?" They both start laughing, "that is a pretty impressive score and Will said girls don't play video games."

"weren't you beating like all of them though?"

"That's what I said!"

"Wanna mess with them?"

"always" Em laughs "it's only been my goal since I met Mike in the first grade!"

"You have a pen?" Max questioned as she pulled out a small notepad. 

"Here you go" Em hands over a pen.

Max then rights down 'Stop spying on us freaks' Em laughs and they throw it in the trash then walk up the stairs laughing when the get inside.