ONLINE ♡ leviathan

━━ he's falling in love with a humanfluff, mutual pining, male reader, lowercase intended, online friends-to-lovers, mc is levi's bestie and goes by they/them, mentions toxic gamers (fucking losers), 1701 words

━━ he's falling in love with a human ♡ fluff, mutual pining, male reader, lowercase intended, online friends-to-lovers, mc is levi's bestie and goes by they/them, mentions toxic gamers (fucking losers), 1701 words

leviathan isn't quite sure how it happened, but he found himself with an (online) friend (crush). and this person isn't even from the devildom, but rather, from the human world.

it was a coincidental meet.

mc gifted him a human world game that they thought he might like, and suggested they could play it together, and if he didn't like it, they could always take it back. he quite enjoyed it after a few games playing with mc. then they suggested they tried playing with other players, and he, maybe a bit hesitantly, agreed.

he immediately regretted it after he found himself with a woman on their team who was quickly insulted for even playing. he couldn't understand the comments of "go back to the kitchen", and "why don't you go make me a sandwich", and when he asked his human friend, they told him it was normal for women to receive such comments in the gaming community. he pitied the woman and contemplated ditching the game and going back to the devildom games he already had.

but then someone whose gamertag was quite ridiculous suddenly cut in between all the comments. he found it funny how you quickly shut down the comments with your own; "imagine having such fragile masculinity you're upset a woman plays better", and, "i'm against body shaming but small dick energy much?", and mc's personal favorite, "that's rich coming from a motherfucker who probably peeps on his neighbors". it shut up most of the people interrupting the game and let the woman play a lot easier. mc even decided to thank the odd username owner for shutting the others up.

levi learned the woman was actually friends with you and asked you to come online with her because she wasn't exactly the confrontational type. and it was pretty obvious as she mostly just awkwardly laughed at all the men's comments (levi totally understood that).

mc was the one who encouraged levi to friend you. if it wasn't for mc, he wouldn't have realized how much in common the two of you had (as much as a demon and a human could). like how you cosplayed and enjoyed human world anime. or how you liked to play games of all types. and although you weren't as much of a shut-in as he was, you were pretty introverted.

he found himself playing the game often just to talk to you, and when you began to suggest different games for him to play, he'd quickly turn to mc, who had no problem helping him find them, and then you guys would play those games together. eventually, your conversations moved outside of gaming, spent late into the night on human world terms, where you guys would just talk. you learned a few things about him (things he could disclose that wasn't him being a demon), like how he had six brothers and was the third among them. he learned stuff about you too, like how you worked at a record store, and how you weren't on speaking terms with your parents because they didn't accept that you were gay.