A Night Talking.

I was discussing our time in Lebanon with Shireen, specifically what we did with my cousins. For those who are curious, my father has three brothers. My favorite of them is my Uncle Robert(pronounced Robeyr), who was a musician and owned a studio. Uncle Robert had three sons named Hisham, Alex, and Amir. 

Usually, we held singing competitions and I recorded each cover or song we sang and wrote. My father, Umair, got remarried after my mother's death, but his second wife, Fariha, was unable to have a child of her own, which made her jealous of me and hate me. 

Despite this, I loved music, and Shireen was my only friend who never made fun of me because of my wings. Most of the village's teens and kids my age would laugh and mock me. 

"Amira..." said Shireen, waving her hand in front of my face. "Yes?" I said as I snapped out of my thoughts. 

"You seem to be thinking about something," said Shireen. "Anything caught your eye?" she added with a teasing smile. 

My face turned red as I realized what she was thinking. She knew that I was thinking of someone, not something. My mind seemed to wander more and more lately and think back to Baatar. What is wrong with me? 

"No, nothing," I quickly replied, looking away. Shireen shrugged, and we continued talking about our childhood and high school adventures.