23: TURN AROUND

Kita wakes up the next morning to Alexis getting ready, at about 6

Kita wakes up the next morning to Alexis getting ready, at about 6. The sun isn't up yet, but he usually wakes up this early to get ready for the day. He's dressing in a button up and dress pants, so he probably has emperor business. Kita hopes he doesn't have to be there, content to help out behind the scenes.

Kita rubs at his eyes and sits up, blinking to get his vision to adjust. After a while he sees the dark figure of Alexis, who notices him right when Kita does.

"Alexis?" Kita mumbles. He vaguely registers a faint pain, an aching in his lower back. Alexis begins walking towards him, and Kita's mind hasn't really caught up with him yet. For some reason he feels kind of embarrassed, but he can't remember why. He's also cold, which is strange because he gets cold easily—especially since he became a vampire—so he usually goes to bed fully dressed.

"I have a few meetings today, among other things. I'll probably be gone most of the day, especially because I'm hunting tonight." Alexis notifies Kita, sitting on the edge of the bed. Kita nods, shifting around in discomfort. Why is he in so much pain? Why is he so cold? Why-

Kita is naked.

All at once the memories come back, and then his face is beet red. Holy shit, he wishes it took longer for him to wake up, because now he's having a hard time functioning, beyond embarrassed now. He refuses to make eye contact, and Alexis must notice this.

"You did so well," Alexis tells him, because evidently he can read minds. "Don't be embarrassed."

Kita leans forward, resting his face in his hands. Holy shit, he can't believe he and Alexis had sex. He can't believe how bold he was, the lust clouding his mind and turning him into something he's not. Don't get him wrong, he's wanted Alexis for awhile, but still. He seemed so desperate! It's embarrassing!

"I'm sorry. I- I feel like I pressured you." Kita says, eyes strictly on the bed covers. When those words leave his mouth, he feels Alexis gently grasp his jaw and turn his head to face him. Kita reluctantly meets his eyes, and finds the guy giving him a meaningful look.

"I've wanted you for as long as I can remember." Alexis tells him honestly. Kita feels his face flush even more. "Don't apologize. You're everything."

Kita nods a bit, though he's not sure he actually agrees. Alexis leans forward and presses their mouths together, Kita grasping the side of his face as he does so. He kisses back with no hesitation, and then Alexis is leaving.

Coincidentally, almost as soon as Alexis exits the room, Kita gets a sharp pain in his abdominal area. He doubles over, vaguely recognizing it as hunger pain. He winces, and that's when something sets in. He can feel his grasp on reality slipping, which he partially blames for last night. He's at serious risk of actually losing his fucking mind.

No matter what, he really needs to feed. Today.

Kita is exhausted, however. Last night with Alexis really took it out of him, though that could be partially due to emotional turmoil. This secret is ripping Kita apart, and they were supposed to talk about it last night. Kita was supposed to come clean, and he did, but not in the way he planned. It was supposed to ease his mind, but instead, he's immensely more stressed.