𝐭 𝐡 𝐢 𝐫 𝐭 𝐲: 𝚅𝚄𝙻𝙽𝙴𝚁𝙰𝙱𝙻𝙴

Start from the beginning

Deep within her, she harbored a fear that failure to reassure Y/N would only intensify Chishiya's haunting voice. [2] "But it's Y/N you should be afraid of, not me," she heard his voice say through her inner voice, her voice slightly dry, reluctant to lift her gaze and meet the sincerity in Niragi's eyes that mirrored Y/N's, an appeal for belief, even though Y/N's eyes remained too listless to respond.

If Kuina would tell Y/N the truth about Mikah's death, would it be a wise thing to do? – Rounds of answerless questions that involve her life spiraled around her head. Would Chishiya be able to tell if Y/N knew the truth? Why would Chishiya even hide that? Why make it seem that Y/N is the killer? Would Kuina be the next one to die in Chishiya's hands...?

Suddenly Niragi's laughter boomed through the tensed lobby, interrupting Kuina's thoughts. "Of course, because that is the truth. Y/N didn't kill that woman." He then pulls you by the waist, earning a small squeak from you, but midway pulling you to his chest, he winces and quietly curses when he feels his skin irritate, yet he keeps his arm around your waist.

You sigh and decide to not fight him this time and turn your head over to him. "I told you to be careful. See what happens when you don't listen to me? Now look at you, you look like an injured burnt french fry."

Niragi laughs, ignoring the pain on his skin as he listens to you scold then coos at you, "Would you like this french fry with some ketchup and salt?"

Silence remains for a quick moment before you roll your eyes, unable to stifle the giggle from your lips. "That's a bad joke."

He shrugs his shoulders, feeling his chest lighten from your soft giggle, "I know, so what? I was trying to flirt, m'kay?"

A small grin can make its way on your face, but instead of looking back at Niragi, you look away from him, covering that grin with a scowl, "Well, don't. Or I'll pour water on you."

Niragi laughs harder. Despite you trying to hide your grin, he can very well see that smile on your face itching on your face, "Mhmm, sure, darling." He mumbles and puts a finger right under your chin, tilting it up to look at each other in the eye as his smile widens, "Ba parapapa~"

Kuina, on the other hand, had opposing thoughts about Niragi but despite those grudging thoughts, she couldn't help herself but smile at the little hint of innocence still present in both of you and Niragi's smile even with the world falling apart around them.

———————————————————

NIGHTFALL ARRIVES, the moment when one's mind is overflowing with ideas rather than a time to sleep. Maybe the main reason people think that night is the best time to sleep is that their thoughts are now louder, almost like a lullaby or a menacing tune that makes them want to close their eyes and go to sleep too tired all the problems running in their mind.

Sighing to yourself as your thoughts muddle your head, you roll over your unburned side. Voices that yell Mikah's name, scenes that show Chishiya's fear, flashbacks of the things you could've said to Arisu and Usagi back in the Ten of Cards game – if you knew what to do to keep everyone safe, you would have done it. However, even after the past has been surpassed, you still find yourself thinking back on it and wondering what you could have done to change it.