Prologue

It was night in La Union, a province situated around two hours away from the city of Baguio. The place is surrounded by the sea on the left and the Cordilleran mountains to the right. It has a lot of breathtaking sights, beaches, and a somewhat intense temperature. Houses, businesses, and establishments occupy the town proper, while wide fields span the outskirts, with homes dotted far from each other.

In the dead of the night, two farmers walk side-by-side near a certain field. One of them holds a sack over his shoulder, and his companion carries a rake. They laugh as they joke about how one of their friends got rejected by a vendor, unaware of the incoming danger.

"Pre, manong Zacchary is definitely going nuts." The farmer carrying the sack suddenly griped. "Why? What'd he do again?" Henry - the one carrying the rake - glanced at a nearby cricket. "Biro mo, he keeps on insisting that there's a ghost here in San Fernando. Just a while ago, the police nearly arrested him for causing a ruckus in the market!"

Henry scoffed and shook his head. "I pity Zack because of what happened to his sister, but that's already a step too far!"

"Yeah. I'm still surprised Jes is still supporting him, and- Who's there!?!?"

Something snapped nearby, causing both men to stop talking and look around. "You...don't think that that's a dog, right?" A soft voice suddenly sang. It's softness reverberated through the quiet air, making it echo in an eerie way. "Probably not." Henry whispered cautiously. The two start walking in a slow manner, stopping every now and then whenever they hear the voice. Deciding enough was enough, Henry grabs his companion's arm and runs.

"Let's go! This place is giving me the creeps." "You got that right Henry- what the fu, what is that?"

Both men halted their sprint as their eyes focus on the light in front of them. "It's a flashlight, idiot. Someone's here to help." Henry scolded and whacked his friend's head before waving his arms around. "Hey! Over here! We heard some creepy singing and we thought you could give us a...hand."

Henry's arms drop to his sides as they gape in shock at what they are now seeing. The light was in the form of a woman, with her hair tied up in a bun, rose gold glasses on, and a white flowy dress that stops on the ground in a translucent mist. Her lips are drawn to a thin line, and her eyes seem to be alarmed and worried, almost warning them of something. The thing is, this woman's glow wasn't like the 'angel's' radiating glow. Rather, the men felt an aura that gave off the fact she is a ghost.

Henry and his companion slowly backed off, their words stuck in their throats. Sensing their agitation, the ghost holds out her hand in a 'stop' motion. To both their shock, she starts singing the same song, now in a frantic way. She points to the street behind her and motions for them to run there. Unfortunately, the two ran back to where they came, unaware of a figure in black standing behind them.

In the midst of his fear and panic, Henry's companion did not anticipate a silver line dash in front of him, nor did he expect to see the blood of his throat cover the glistening tip of a knife.

Henry froze and stared at his friend's body that dropped lifelessly to the ground. His mind suddenly blanked, and felt the urge to run to his friend's corpse as he looked between him and the killer in black, who flicked the knife twice and started walking to him. Just as he was about to bring the knife to his nape, Henry's instincts came over and he gripped the rake and surged forward, stabbing the figure on his shoulder.

The impact of the rake piercing his dominant shoulder made the figure drop in shock. Seizing the opportunity, Henry dashed to where the ghost- who is now fading- pointed. He knew he couldn't afford to look back, to check if the killer is chasing him, or to take a glimpse of his dead friend's corpse. So instead, he ran as fast as he could, until he bumped into a barangay tanod on his nightly patrol.

A/N: Hello, dear readers! I am not dead, I am just caught in the current that is 3rd Quarter. Our supposed 8 weeks was cut to 6, so there was a huge load of performance tasks and quizzes I and my classmates have to do. And our 3rd Quarter exams would be on March 25-26, so please bear with me and the irregular updates. I will try to update as much as I can, don't worry. Anyways, you know the drill: vote and comment, and I'll see you next time!

Writer, out!