It Will Come Back

Start from the beginning

Astarion can't help but roll his eyes and down his goblet filled to the brim with cheap wine.

Finally,

Finally,

You saunter over to his tent, all bright smiles, with cheeks slightly pink from drinking your own fair share of wine. He senses a happy buzz about you.

It's terribly annoying how drawn he was. Like a moth to a flame, Astarion was.

It's pathetic.

"It's always a pleasure to see you sauntering over," Astarion drawls out as seductively as he can. "You will come to my bed tonight, won't you?"

"How forward of you, Astarion." By the way you giggle, he could tell you've had one too many to drink. You smack your lips in thought, your head tilting a bit to the side- a habit you do when you're deciding, Astarion notes. "I don't know yet, honestly." You continue with an air of mischief.

Astarion grins a cheshire cat-like smile. "Perhaps, you need a little more convincing, hm?"

"By all means."

Astarion hums, shooting you a coaxing look. "How about this one," he practically purrs. "All these accolades from the Tieflings are nothing compared to the sound of my name, cried from your lips."

"That's good. Though, I think you could do one better." You tease, arms crossed over your chest.

Astarion smirks at you. "Tough crowd, but alright, anything for you darling," he clears his throat dramatically before speaking. "Every part of your body whispers temptation. It's as if the gods made you just to ruin me."

You nod your head in approval, a grin plastered across your face while a subtle pool of warmth makes its presence known in the pit of your stomach.

"Better," you hum pleasantly. Astarion perks up at your praise, puffing out his chest more. "I'll come to you when everyone else is asleep."

Astarion's eyes darken as he gazes at you through silver eyelashes. "I'm sure you will come, darling."

You shake your head fondly at the vampire, before allowing your feet to carry you elsewhere, not really caring about your next destination. Your night's been planned, after all. You only need to whittle down the hours until you were in Astarion's arms- again.

The first time Astarion asked you to sleep with him happened just after you met the Gur, Gandrel, in the Sunlit Wetlands. The man told you that he was in search of a vampire spawn named Astarion.

Though, you can't pinpoint exactly how good of a monster hunter he is considering the fact that he doesn't even know what Astarion looked like.

Regardless, you played along with Gandrel until your patience waned, letting Astarion deal the final blow on the Gur. You weren't about to let Astarion be taken from your camp, not when he's proven time and again to be a useful ally.

As much as he seemed to hate helping others, he proved quite formidable in your quest to protect the Tieflings. He complains constantly, of course, though you wonder how much of his complaints were actually real. Surely he would've asked to stay in camp once he's had enough of helping people, right?

Nevermind that. You can analyze Astarion's character at another time. Tonight, you yearn for his touch, and perhaps, even a little bit of fun away from the others.

When the atmosphere of your camp calms, you sneak past everybody's tents, going to the spot Astarion lured you in a few weeks ago.

It's quiet, you note. Nothing but the sounds of tiny crickets chirping and the soft rustling of leaves resonates in the crisp night air. You let yourself enjoy a moment of peace, alone. Sitting back on your palms, you close your eyes, feeling the gentle glow of the Moon grace your features.