8 END

22: Merry Christmas

Six weeks later...

The rest of the semester went fairly well for both Jennie and Lisa. They managed to spend plenty of time together while also acing their classes. Jennie's art work was chosen for a local exhibit showcasing emerging artists. Her professor was the one who insisted she submit it. Lisa took her out to celebrate, bragging to everyone she saw that night that her girlfriend was the biggest up-and-coming artist in the tri-state area.

Lisa's soccer team finished the season undefeated, which cemented her place as captain for the following year, as well. And Jennie took the opportunity to take Lisa out to celebrate, getting revenge on her by telling everyone that her girlfriend was a world class athlete bound for the pros.

When the semester was finally over, both girls headed back home for winter break. Jennie was excited to see Somi again. They both teased Jisoo relentlessly about the fact that she was bringing Rosé home to her family for the holidays. Jennie was surprised how serious things had gotten between the two so quickly, but she was overjoyed by how happy Rosé made her best friend.

Lisa, however, was not as excited to be going home for the holidays. She was more nervous than anything. She was excited this would be her first Christmas with Jennie and that they would actually be together, unlike at Thanksgiving. But she had made up her mind when she got back from Thanksgiving break that she was going to do something she had never done before. She was going to introduce her parents to the girl she was dating. Not just the girl she was dating, but her girlfriend. The girl she was in love with. And as scared as she was, she knew it was the right thing to do. She knew it wouldn't go over very well, but she refused to keep Jennie a secret from them, even if she knew that's what they would want.

Jennie had no idea about Lisa's plan. She didn't want to needlessly stress out her girlfriend. Besides, Lisa didn't know exactly how or when she was going to tell her parents and wanted to wait for the right moment. Her parents wouldn't be home from their trip until the next evening, anyway, so she had some time to prepare.

The cab the girls took from the train station was pulling up into the driveway and Jennie couldn't help but be reminded of when her cab pulled into her driveway when she came home for the summer and that's when she laid eyes on Lisa for the very first time. She had no idea who much her life would change since that moment. And because of that moment.

She gave her girlfriend's hand a squeeze and smiled at her before they got out of the car.

"So, we'll both get settled in and I'll give you a call later tonight, okay?"

Lisa smiled back. "Sounds good."

•••

The following evening, they met up with Somi, Jisoo and Rosé for dinner and ended up closing down the restaurant. They all agreed to meet up again at Jennie's house the day after Christmas.

"I can't believe tomorrow's already Christmas Eve," Jennie observed as she and Lisa pulled up to their respective houses after they left the restaurant.

"I know. I almost can't wait to give you your gift," teased Lisa.

"What did you get me?"

"A lump of coal. You've been a bad girl."

"When you say that, you make it sound sexy. I know you like it when I'm bad."

"Perv."

"Yes, we've established that many times over," Jennie reminded her.

When they walked up between their houses, Jennie saw a car in Lisa's driveway, knowing it was her parents. She gave her a shy smile.

"I guess they're home now. Did you...I mean...do you want to come over? I know you don't feel too comfortable around them," offered Jennie.