Ember and Cherry's Responses

Ember turns red, quickly rushing to answer. "'Course we're friends! I dunno what you're implying with that question, I mean..."

The author, Cherry, pops in. "Oh, she's down bad for Mei."

Ember whirls around, even redder. "Hey—! CHERRY! What the hell?! Get out of here, this is my question!"

Cherry rolls her eyes. "They asked me a question too, I just thought I'd jump in. Now, shoo. Or I'll tell Mei that—"

"THANKSSOMUCHFORTHEQUESTION GOODBYE!!!"

Cherry watches as Ember vanishes in a whirl of flames.She turns back to you.

"Sorry about that, anyways, that actually a really good question!

I first came up with the idea to make an OC related to Red Son like, a year or so ago. My first sliver of an idea I turned into a oneshot (which is now deleted so sorry ;-;), with the reader/oc being the much younger sibling to Red Son. I AM turning that oneshot into a full story, sooo... yay?

Anyways, I got the idea to make a twin sibling for Red Son after thinking, 'Hey, wouldn't it be funny if I made an OC that's Red Son's twin but also nearly the polar opposite of him?' And thus, Ember was born.

I mentioned this in my About The Book chapter at the end of Fuel to the Flame, but basically it took me a while to actually get an image of her in my mind, and giving her blue fire was actually not my first idea. But then, after rewatching season 3 I thought that for story purposes, it would be really cool. So that's what happened.

I actually drew her reference sheet! I used a base by a wonderful human being Fern McDestiny! (The shading and stuff is wonky sooo ;-;)"

"That's really it! Thank you so much for asking this, cali_the_umbreon! And of course, I am definitely planning to do more with Ember in the future! No spoilers!" :)