2

Trigger warning: Physical violence from parents to Y/N. Blood, verbal threats.
---

(Y/N - 16 years old - after school the same day)

A glass crashing against the wall makes me flinch as I keep my eyes shut tight while my mother screams in anger, my father silent by her side, though he look just as displeased as she is with his arms crossed over his chest.

I had a feeling that coming back home to them with the knowledge that I have multiple hybrid soulmates wouldn't go well, but I didn't think it would be that... bad.

"And you don't intend to reject them, you say! After all that we've done for you and the good life we've given you, this is how you repay us! By accepting those... dirty little things as your soulmates! By trying to bring them into the family that we have worked so hard to build!".

Her speech is all but calm as she paces the room with a wild look of rage in her eyes, and my blood starts to boil at her choice of words.

I look up at her, ready to retort, but instead find myself ducking at the last second when she throws another glass in my direction in a spur of anger. It hits the wall again, and the shards that get all over the place as it breaks dig into my skin smoothly, like that was their purpose all along.

I wipe a hand over my arms to get rid of most of the glass shards, unable to pay any attention to the pain that follows as I bring my gaze back to hers and father's, my own emotions rivaling with their own because I'm just as angry as they are, if not more.

"They're my soulmates, mother! You don't get to decide their worth just because they're different from us. They are just as worthy of being respected as we are and I intend to treat them as I would anyone else. I already decided to accept them and nothing that you say will change my mind" I claim proudly, but that confidence doesn't last for long when father makes two steps closer before swinging his hand across my face with strength.

The impact throws me off balance so much that I nearly go falling down before I hold onto the wall next to me, ears ringing loudly while my mind goes dark for a second, and I feel as the shards go deeper into my skin.

I hold my cheek in the aftershock with round eyes as he glares down at me like I'm the one who just hit him in the face, something I never thought would ever happen to me until now.

Never would I have believed that they would turn violent towards me for something like this.

"You ungrateful little... you will reject them, are we clear? There's no place for hybrid blood in this family and if you insist on keeping them, then we're going to be left with no choice but to treat you as an outsider for the entirety that you are to be in this house. Hybrids are way below someone of your rank, they're only wild animals attempting to copy us humans, so for you to want them... I don't know where we made a mistake in raising you, but I deeply regret what it turned you into. What a shame".

His words are hurtful as I stare at them, speechless. I can see in both of their eyes that they're very serious with all that was just said, and the sting left on my cheek hurts my heart a lot more than it does my body. They truly are angry at me for wanting to keep my hybrid soulmates.

They really would reject their own daughter for the simple reason that I didn't reject my soulmates, all because some of them are hybrids. I can barely comprehend that with a clear mind. How would that even harm them? It's ridiculous.

Jungkook is so sweet and kind, they would love him if only they gave him a chance, I'm convinced of it.

I wipe the blood that I feel gathering in the corner of my lips, the taste of it in my mouth like metal, and only when I look down do I see all the little cuts and blood that cover my skin from the glass from earlier.

I barely had enough time to make it back home with a smile on my face before I was attacked with dozens of porcelain and glass dishes, and I should choose them over the one soulmate I have met today who made me laugh and feel warm in my soul?

The answer seems easy in my mind, even if it means I am not to be their daughter anymore.

"If that's what you want... I dearly hope that you never regret putting me against the wall this way in the future. I will always choose my soulmates, no matter what threats you use against me. A decision has never been so easy to make, and that you made me choose at all says enough to me. You are bad parents".

Mother is the one to slap me in the face this time, right over the cheek that father left burning and sore, and I can only huff at them as they glare like I am the one in the wrong.

"A huge mistake you are making, Y/N. Don't come running when you regret it because you won't be welcome anymore. From this day onward, you are not part of our family and will never be part of it ever again" mother states firmly, and I meet her gaze with my shoulders straight and my head held high.

If that is the price to pay to keep Jungkook by my side... then so be it.

"Fine. Let things be that way. There's not much to this family besides your spilling money anyway, I won't be missing this. Not now, not ever".