Novocaine

song for the chapter: novocaine by fall out boy

A/N: iiiiii am so excited to introduce the hero!oc of the ARS/CS universe to yall!! it's been building up for a while and i'm so glad it's finally here!

when i was planning ars, this plot of cardinal sins was really pushing the whole backstory arc forward in the sense that i knew i really wanted reader to be a legit hero, but i needed the backstory to be really strong to get to this point. i had a blast with ars, but cardinal sins was always the endgame WITH THAT BEING SAID- pls enjoy :p 

When you get home, Jason's silent as you and Roy excitedly rehash your interrogation.

Dick takes off a few minutes into the conversation, noting Lian had been put to bed at 8 and had been sufficiently fed with Dick's famous sarmale.

Once he's gone, Roy reattempts to pick up your quickly souring mood that Jason's pouty attitude has caused.

"Baby, when you pushed him away," Roy has his arm around your shoulder as he guides you into the master bathroom, "I was like, 'holy fuck, she's about to whip him the fuck up,'" he snorts as he wordlessly helps Jason remove his armor. "And then you literally whipped him the fuck up."

You giggle, though it's soon cut off by Jason's quiet grumbling.

You've had enough.

From the death glares he's been shooting you coupled with all of his under-breath comments, you're about ready to lose your shit. "Got something to say, Jay?" your eyes narrow, mimicking his slitted emeralds. "Or are you content to mutter under your breath like a child?"

Roy's shoulders sag as he looks between the two of you, fully knowing what's coming next.

Jason scoffs, turning his attention to Roy just to piss you off even more. It works. "Why do you keep acting like it's a good thing that she's getting physical with mercenaries?"

"It's not like what we do is any better, Jay," Roy shuts the door with a quiet click behind the three of you.

Jason huffs, "Whatever."

As soon as it's shut, you waste no time in advancing on Jason, finger accusatorially pointing in his direction. When you reach him, your finger bends as it firmly meets his built chest.

"What's your fucking damage, Jason?" you complain, making sure to keep your voice low. "We got the lead; you're welcome, by the way, so what's the fucking issue?"

Roy groans, watching as another fight rears up between the two of you.

"It was a rookie mistake to let you take charge," he tears off his shirt and his pants follow soon after. You try not to check him out; really, you do, but it doesn't work. He rolls his eyes under your blushing inspection and moves past your smaller form into the bathroom.

"Again," you huff, "I got the information, didn't I?"

Don't stare at his abs, don't stare at his abs.

He hops into the spray, giving you a full view of his abs and so much more.

Fuck.

You cross your arms, facing away from him with a pout.

You're angry, you're very angry. He's so hot... but you're so fucking angry...

You unwittingly bite your lip, following the streams of water that trickle down every delicious curve of his muscular body.