02

The boys had one week left for their monthly evaluation. They'd been working really hard for two weeks to show JYP they were ready to debut. They were determined to do even better this time and improve themselves.

-In the practice room-

"Wow, Felix, your dance has improved a lot!" praised Minho. "Thanks for contributing to the choreography. It's made my job easier."

Encouraged by Minho's words, Felix beamed with pride. "Really? I'm glad I could help!"

Minho nodded with a smile. "Definitely! Keep up the good work." He then went on to discuss more ideas for their performance with Felix, appreciating his valuable input.

________________________________

Han and Seungmin finished their tasks early, so they decided to head to their vocal lesson.

"Hey, Seungmin, want to go to the vocal lesson now?" Han suggested.

Seungmin agreed, nodding with a smile. "Sure, let's go. I could use some practice."

They packed their things and made their way to the vocal studio, chatting about their favorite songs and sharing some singing tips along the way.

Han and Seungmin got to their vocal lesson. Their coach welcomed them warmly and asked if they were ready to learn.

"We're excited!" Han said happily.

Seungmin nodded, eager to get better at singing.

During the lesson, they practiced breathing and different vocal exercises. They even sang some songs to practice.

"You're doing great!" the coach praised them.

"Thanks a lot!" Han and Seungmin said together.

Feeling inspired, they promised to practice more before their next lesson. They left feeling excited to use what they'd learned in their performances.

____________________________________

-One week later-

The members cheered each other on before heading to the stage.

"Fighting!" they exclaimed, the last word echoing before stepping onto the stage.

As Minho, Felix, and Changbin performed as the final unit, they gave it their all. However, during Minho's rap part, he accidentally mixed up his lines with Changbin's, causing a mistake in their performance.

After the performance, Minho, Felix, and Changbin stood before the producer, feeling tense and avoiding eye contact.

The producer broke the silence."Changbin's singing is really good, though? Your tune was very stable."

"Thank you." Changbin said as he smiled softly and bowed to the man.

"Your sound is very firm as well, and when you dance, your breathing doesn't mess up your vocalization. Your dance is really good too, as for Changbin, it's almost flawless for this stage. I didn't know that your singing was this stable. You did well." The performance concluded with the members applauding as Changbin bowed. JYP finished giving his evaluation.

Minho and Felix stood nervously awaiting their evaluation, hoping to avoid the same criticism they received last time. They were anxious about what feedback they might receive this time.

The producer spoke again. "As for Felix, why are you so unconfident?"

"I was a little confused... And a little nervous. I felt a little awkward." Answered Felix with an awkward smile. 

"Kids, when you're on stage as a singer, you need to think that you are very special!" Exclaimed JYP with a smile as the members nodded.

"Only with such thoughts would you be able to perform coolly on stage. But right now, I don't see it from Felix." Felix nodded with disappointment in his eyes and gulped.

"However, something that I was really surprised by is at the beginning and the end of the song, Felix you sang, right?"

Felix nodded.

"I really like your voice, I was surprised. Not only did I like your rap voice, I really like your voice when you sing. I'd like it if you had more confidence."

"Yes, yes." Felix nodded with a huge smile of relief on his face.