The Part Where Things take a turn (For Better or Worse) - Krishna

Start from the beginning

With one hand placed on his waist, Krishna drew his other arm around Arjun and started walking again. He was effectively supporting most of Arjun's weight and was taking the chance to supply some much needed energy to the weary archer.

"Madhav?"

Krishna thought for a moment. "I need you to keep up, Arjun," he replied at long last. "You are one of the strongest mortals I know and I do not refer to your physical strength. Your mental capacity is amazing. Had it not been so, you would have given up long ago."

"You are repeating yourself, Madhav." It was probably the constant pain which was making Arjun impatient but Krishna did glare at his friend for the interruption;Arjun simply rolled his eyes and gestured at Krishna to continue.

"But I need you to exert yourself just a little bit more, Parth. You are in near denibillatating pain and I know that each movement is torturous in itself, but if there is anyone who can place their mind over matter, then it is you. You will need to dissociate yourself from your physical discomfort. Do you think that you can do that?"

There was no censure in Krishna's word, only pure concern and genuine query.

Arjun breathed in sharply as another spasm of pain made itself known but it was the only outward sign of discomfort shown by him. Krishna felt the sharp claws of guilt dig in as he knew that he was asking of the near impossible from his friend, but as the bargain has come down to Parth's life, he would do whatever was required to safeguard that.

His guilt was a very small price.

"Can you do that, Parth?" Krishna held Arjun's face in his hands and met the Prince's eyes squarely.

"Is that what you command, Madhav?"

"I do." Krishna kept his words firm and his voice firmer.

Arjun smiled and for the first in a while, there was no trace of pain in that smile. "Then I will do it."

There was so much conviction in those simple words that Krishna, almost impulsively, pulled Arjun into an embrace and casted an aura of healing and strength around him; Mahadev's assurance had removed the barrier of fear and uncertainty what had held him back and Krishna had started dipping deeper into the pool of unending energy he possessed.

Refreshed with the supply of energy, Arjun managed to keep up with Krishna a bit more easily and even as they caught sight of the facsimile of the Palace of Dwaraka, Krishna completely stopped and took a seat on a rather conveniently placed rock.

"Are we stopping here?" Arjun asked, evidently confused.

Krishna did not reply and instead kept looking out of the expanse of nothingness which now surrounded them. It was so unlike his Dwaraka that the difference had again startled him.

"Parth?" A thought was forming and Krishna wanted to expound upon it a little. "Is this your mind place?"

"What?"

Krishna gestured around at the almost arid place. "When you dream, is this what your mind resembles?

Arjun looked rather taken aback but to his credit, he gave Krishna's wild question a thought before replying. "Not that I had thought of it before this, but no. I remember very few dreams, but the environment is usually more...uh more lively. I usually dream of forests."

There was a far away look in Arjun's eyes and Krishna felt his heart flutter in sympathy; a Prince should dream of palaces not jungles.

"So nothing like a rocky desert," Krishna murmured. "In fact the ocean shore is an aberration; sticks out like a sore thumb."