chapter twenty-nine

ابدأ من البداية

"a helicopter parent just because i'm a responsible adult? i just know how to not make stupid decisions." soobin retorts.

"hey, will you drive me to that frat house?" i interrupt their bickering.

"what? why?" they ask simultaneously. shooting each other a glare.

"seungmin wants to hang out, and you guys are giving me a headache."

"seungmin?" they question in sync once again.

"stop doing that!" soobin yells.

"you stop too!" she retorts.

"i met him at the party. he's cool."

"you can't walk? isn't the frat house on campus?" kara asks.

"see, a fake friend. why would you want her to walk by herself?"

"she's a grown woman."

"but it's getting dark."

"oh my god, forget it." i roll my eyes, grabbing all of my things and walking over to the table chan was currently sat at. headphones in as he focused on his laptop screen. i gently tap his shoulder, causing him to look up before removing his headphones.

"what's up?" he asks.

"will you take me to that frat house on the other end of campus?"

"oh the one that felix lives in?"

"felix?"

"he's changbin's... friend." he explains.

"oh... maybe? i don't know. my friend seungmin lives there. i think a guy named hyunjin too." i tell him, recalling the guy that i briefly met in the basement.

"oh yeah, that's the one." chan nods. "why are you going there?"

"seungmin invited me to hang out. i met him at the party the other night."

"oh cool. i wonder if changbin will be there." he speaks mostly to himself, starting to pack up his things. "let's go. i'm assuming you're asking me because of them." he laughs, motioning to soobin and kara, who were still arguing.

"you have no idea." i roll my eyes.

"oh i do, i could hear them over my music." he laughs. i give one last glance to minho, wondering if i should say something to him before we left. but seeing as he seemed very immersed in his book, i decided against it. following chan out of the door without another glance to him.

-

"hey, i'm glad you could make it!" seungmin exclaims, waving me up as i head to the front door.

"of course, i wouldn't pass up on free pizza." i joke. he chuckles as he places his hand on the small of my back. i turn and send a quick wave to chan, indicating that he could leave. he waves back before reversing his car. seungmin leads me into the frat house. it was a lot more empty this time, allowing me to see the furniture and decor. it wasn't a bad looking place, considering it was a frat house.

"come on, everyone's upstairs." he says, leading me up the long staircase. the closer we get to the top, the louder a few voices get. he then walks us into a room, a couch sitting in the middle of it, paired by a few scattered chairs. on the couch sat three other boys, and a fourth one sitting on one of the chairs. "hey guys, this is soomin!" seungmin announces. everyone's heads whirl around to see.

i recognize hyunjin instantly, and then i see another familiar face.

"changbin?" i question.

"soomin? hey!" he exclaims.

"you two know each other?" one of the unknown boys ask.

"yeah! she's yeonjun's boyfriend's twin sister!" all of the boys nod in understanding.

"boyfriend? they're official now?" i ask, dropping my jaw.

"soobin hasn't told you?" he chuckles.

"no! he's gonna get it when i get home." i shake my head.

"it's cool that you already know each other!" seungmin speaks up. "this is hyunjin, i'm sure you remember him from the party." he motions to the long haired boy who sat in one of the scattered chairs.

"yeah, i remember." i nod.

"this is jeongin, my best friend." the black haired boy sat on the edge of the couch, his arm draped lazily over the armrest. "and that's felix." he sat very close to changbin. i wave to the other two boys, they wave back with a smile.

"so how do you know changbin?" i ask them.

"oh, he's my boyfriend." felix speaks up. that explains the closeness.

"what? how many relationships do i not know about!" i exclaim, earning a laugh from everyone.

"i should be asking you that, any update with minho?" changbin asks. my smile drops slightly. "oof, sorry, sensitive topic?" he backtracks.

"no, it's fine. there's nothing with minho and i." i wave him off.

"who's minho?" seungmin asks.

"chan's roommate."

"the scary one?" jeongin asks. i laugh at that.

"he's not scary." changbin rolls his eyes.

"well there's nothing going on between us, so..." i trail off, adjusting the collar of my shirt, making sure it stayed covering the hickey given by minho. otherwise my story would sort of fall apart. not that it was necessarily a lie. i didn't know if there was anything between us other than sex, and i didn't know these guys well enough to talk about my sex life. besides, i came here for a distraction from minho.

"well i don't know about you guys, but i'm hungry." hyunjin speaks up. and as if on cue, the sound of the doorbell echos through the house.

"i'll get it!" felix exclaims, happily skipping past seungmin and i to get the pizza.