She heard Cee licking his lips and wiping his hands off before throwing his plate away and jumping up, jogging over to his friends, and the group got loud again.

She rested her head on her hand, letting out a huff.

She felt someone sit closer to her, making her turn her head to see Zayn was still sitting there.

"whatchu been up to, Kai?" he asked, giving her a small smile as he used her nickname.

Zayn had a gravelly voice— and in a way, Kailani liked how it sounded.

She shrugged her shoulders, giving herself time to think of how to answer that question. she felt she always gave dry and awkward responses when somebody asked her that question.

She gestured to herself, and what she was doing in that moment. "this."

He chuckled, nodding his head before continuing to try and make small talk with the girl. Kailani watched him as he talked, looking at all of his features.

His hair was a deep brown, and put into twists that laid just above his eyes.

His eyes were a hazel color.

His eyebrows were thick, and there was a small but visible scar on the left one.

His lips were plump, and more red-ish.

He had tan skin.

He slightly rocked whenever he talked, and he held eye contact well.

Due to how close he was sitting next to her, she could smell his cologne and how he had a faint smell of weed.

Kailani found the boy attractive, overall. and oddly— the tattoo on his hand, made him even more attractive to her.

She liked how he had never been rude to her, and how he was confident and bold, but knew boundaries.

She nodded her head as she continued to listen to him speak, letting him know she was listening even though the many thoughts going through her mind were sort of tuning him out.

The longer she looked at him and thought, the more her thoughts changed.

Without meaning to, she began comparing everything about the boy to Ethan.

Zayn was bold, but so was Notti.

She liked Zayns hair, but she loved Nottis.

She liked Nottis whole face, and how all of his features suited him perfectly.

She thought Zayns smile was pretty, but Nottis smile was her favorite thing about him.

Zayn was taller than Kailani, which she liked. but Notti was much taller, which she liked more.

She liked how Notti always smelt good.

Kailani bit on her lip, feeling like she was having a war with the voices in her head.

She didnt want to compare Zayn to Notti— she had no reason to.

But she couldn't help it.

It happened naturally with everyone she found attractive, or anyone she met.

"—nah, but, i missed seein you around." he nudged her, making her smile.

"you don't be comin here no more." he added, saying it in more of a confused tone.

"yeah.." Kailani shrugged, trying to quickly think of something else to say, other than because of Ethan.

"the yelling and music gives me a headache."

he laughed, "give me a headache after awhile too, can't even get mad at you."

She chuckled along, making her dimples pop out.

he pointed to her face, "you got dimples? you got it all, don't you?"

her smile widened, feeling herself become somewhat nervous under his stare. she heard a familiar voice yell before she could get the chance to speak, making her turn her head to see David laughing and dapping up Darrian who laughed with him, and next to them, Ethan.

She felt her stomach turn, and herself grow ten times more nervous just by seeing him there.

His eyes were low and a small smile rested on his face as he watched his brother and best friend laugh together.

It was almost like Ethan could feel her eyes on him, because his head turned and their eyes eventually met, making her quickly turn her head back to Zayn, just to see he was standing up.

"imma go talk to ddot and em'. see you later, Kailani." he smiled at her, and she nodded as she watched him walk away.

Zayn dapped up Notti, standing next to him as he greeted the other two.

Kailani saw them standing next to each other, and let out a huff as the voices in her head started again.

She liked talking to Zayn. she thought he was really attractive, and she liked most things about him.

But he just wasn't Ethan.

SLUMPEDDPis this a boring chapter yall? 😓i really just wanted to write and this was all i could think of but, opinions?? don't be a silent reader guys 🙄🙄 lmk!!

SLUMPEDDP
is this a boring chapter yall? 😓
i really just wanted to write and this was all i could think of
but, opinions??
don't be a silent reader guys 🙄🙄 lmk!!