The Queens Bracelet

You head toward the snugly duckling, blinking away sunlight that clouds your vision. As you open the door, loud chatter pours through the door frame like junk out of a messy closet.

You stick out like a sore thumb among them, but still try to be inconspicuous. Vlad sits on a stool across from you and whispers "Do you have-". You pull out the bag of jelly beans and think, 'People will do anything for Monty's candy'.

 He hands you a small wooden box and continues to pretend to feed his unicorn figure a jelly bean. You carefully lift the lid from the box. The queens bracelet looks almost better than brand new. Shiny new glass beads replace the ones that shattered when your dusting rag knocked it to the floor. "It's perfect, thank you so much,"

------------------------------- time skip ---------------------------------

You carefully approached the hallway to their bedroom, feather duster in hand. 'if I get cause, I'll say I was dusting'. The eyes in portraits glare at you, and even the most delicate painted smiles don't change the fact. Eyes are everywhere.

Footsteps?

You stop breathing. Nothing.

You shouldn't be so worried. Everyone is busy celebrating the princesses birthday.

You cautiously kneel down and press your face to the floor. There isn't any light coming under the door. Air escapes your lungs in a sigh of relief as you pull yourself up by the doorknob.

You flinch when the door hinge squeaks. The queen's jewelry box is on her bedside table.

Guilt washes over you when you see a speck of purple glass on the floor, part of a broken bead. 'missed one'. You hope it's only one.

As you bend over to pick up the speck, the sound of clacking shoes echoes through the hallway. You toss the bracelet onto the bedside table and throw yourself under the bed as the door opens. A streak of warm light stretches across the floor. Her majesty enters the room. She wipes her cheek with the side of her hand. 'is she crying?'.

A muffled voice announces something outside. The queen walks over to the window and gasps. 'something's wrong'. you try to read her face for clues, but the only thing you see is confused terror. The voice continues you can only make out some words "..... for you...... lied....... special................". whoever was making this announcement was spitting out every word with venom dripping from their voice. A low growl seemed to shake the earth. You rolled over, half expecting to see some sort of monster behind you, but there was nothing.

A shadow interrupts the golden stripe on the floor. A silhouette with glowing yellow eyes starts crossing over to the window. "Hello," the queen flinches 'the voice'. You slide out of your hiding place as he continues. "your majesty" he reaches into his pocket. You rush over to them and grab Ariana's hand. You pull her away just before he throws green powder into the air.

Everyone races to the door, but he beats both of you there. You turn around and start moving the other way, but the queen trips over her heels and drags you down with her. After scrambling to your feet, you try to pull her up before-

Suddenly, green dust is blown into your face. The floor rises into you, and the room dims. The queen collapses beside you. It feels like your brain is doing cartwheels, and your body feels more like a bag of sand than flesh. You let your eyelids fall and one word enters your ears before everything stopped. "sleep".