Week Four, Friday

Start from the beginning

    That...wasn't really the question, but sure. "Okay, you can come over whenever, in that case."

    Osano laughs. "Four in the morning it is!"

    Ayano shrugs. "Sure, I'll just fall asleep on your doorstep."

    Amao, Kizano, and Oko all start laughing then, and Ayano can't help but let out a giggle, too. Everyone seems happier when they're all quiet, and the remainder of the walk is peaceful.

    When they arrive, Oko heads off to the Occult Room, saying that he needs to put the book back and should be staying in his club room more often, so people know where to find him. The rest of the group goes to the fountain. Kokona and Riku are already there, and they all greet each other happily. 

    Morning time passes quickly, and Ayano heads to class. When she gets there, Mrs. Fuka is muttering about new lesson plans. Ayano ignores the muttering, going to her seat. It's none of Ayano's business.

    When the rest of the class arrives, Mrs. Fuka assigns a group project, due at the end of the day. Then she's back to her desk, typing furiously on her laptop. 

    The project is easily split into three categories: getting the research, writing it down, and making it visually appealing. Kizano, Osano, and Ayano quickly take their roles, with Ayano searching for answers in various textbooks, Osano writing everything in neat paragraphs, and Kizano designing their project, on a cardboard display board that Mrs. Fuka gave to every group. Kizano is also in charge of presenting, which he takes pride in.

    The trio is over halfway done when the bell for lunch rings, and they leave everything in place on Ayano's desk before heading to lunch.

    A change occurs when eating lunch. Ayano is listening to Amao, who's talking about a recipe he wants to try, when she feels a tap on her shoulder. Ayano turns around.

    A girl with long, red hair and a sweet smile beams at Ayano. "Hello, you're Ayano, right?" Her voice is sweet and light, and Ayano nods, confused.

    "Yes, and you are?"

    The girl giggles, and her hand flies up to her mouth. "Oh, silly me! I'm Akane Toriyasu, the Secretary of the Student Council. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you to come with me for a moment." 

    Ayano doesn't see a reason to refuse, and realizes she doesn't have any excuse to decline if she wanted to. So she nods, and stands up. Akane starts to walk, waving for Ayano to follow.

    They leave the roof, and Akane leads Ayano from club room to club room, asking if anyone needs help. Ayano patiently trails behind, silent as she waits for Akane to explain why she was needed.

    After ten minutes of club room hopping, Akane leads Ayano into the Student Council room. 

    "Please, have a seat. The others will only be a moment." Akane gestures to a chair, and Ayano sits down, confused.

    "What do you mean by that?" Ayano asks, and the door opens right away. An angry, blue-haired girl walks in, her one eye trained on Ayano.

    "Oh good, she's here. I saw that year one walking around." The girl grimaces, disgusted. 

    "This is Aoi Ryugoku, our Enforcer," Akane says pleasantly, and Aoi huffs as she leans against the wall.