eighteen. 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐫

Start from the beginning

"Why am I not surprised." She breathed out a chuckle tickling both his lips and mind. "You're always up to destruction Lando."

"If it leads me to you so be it."

The underlying tone of her gingerbread creation ruined by him released another heavenly gasp from her. "You know I still don't fully forgive you for that." She explained.

"And in my deepest parts of my heart, I am forever sorry." He sincerely spoke, hand pressed to his heart as he moved away to sit with his back straighter. The breaker never noticed how long he leaned to her level until a crack vibrated in his spine, Lando Norris was growing an old man.

She laughed at him once again, Lando's dramatic portrayal of sorrows leading Hans to have the most uncomfortable pillow. "Magnolia—"

"Magnolia how about you?!"

"Sorry?" She bemused flicking her head away from Lando. Two sets of people were calling her, the little boy currently on her lap poking, and the faces of customers targeting with focused stares.

"Anything about you?" The woman who lost her fathers ashes continued, bringing back Magnolia to the realisation they were still doing the 'get-to-know-you'. "Plans for Christmas? What you were supposed do today?"

"Oh." Instinctively Magnolia's back stood straighter. "Uhm, spending time with friends on Christmas Eve?" Why it sounded like a question when she fully knew it was written on her calendar on the fridge? The girl had no idea.

"And what about the gingerbread house!?"

Vania had been good in each chapters of this story, but with her question in an overly sunny tone she might be the next villain.

"Oh, yeah," With too many eyes dialling on her she had to let go or the sweat would pile up, and she hated sweat. "I was just going to give it to my kids."

"Ahhh..." The mother of Hans' gasped in realisation with half-lidded eyes. "That's why you're good with my Hans, I never knew you were a mother..."

"No! No!" Magnolia quickly squealed in a higher pitch, waving her hands maniacally. "I'm just an orchestra teacher for high school kids."

Thankfully they didn't press further, their faces soothing and all methodically exhaling, "Oh......"

A mother out of anything was shocking, the girl was merely 23 year olds. Sure, people could have kids when they were young, but not her. She was just good with children, that's all, and Lando who had been silent the entire time had chortled at her reaction. Hearing that, the girl planned to slap his calf surrounding the sides of her body in annoyance.

"Now you're turn Lando!" But she didn't need to do that when the woman who lost her ashes (she really forgot her name) pointed to the boy.

"What's your plans for the holiday? Saving yourself from the heat of the car?" He choked up watching Christabel (he remembered her name) focus on him. "Little escape here and there?" She babbled.

He as well was lost on words, gulping. "Yeah, I think spending time—"

Soaked up in all the rendezvous, the teenagers he forgot was there with them even though they were directly in front of the pair, cut off his explanation, "Aren't you supposed to be with Chloe Elaine? Isn't her special Christmas concert tomorrow?"

The girl, Madeline, brought out his ex in such a casual manner he forgot the media didn't know everything. Finding himself raising his chin slightly, and the ease of his shoulders looking at the three teenagers intently waiting, he revealed, "No, I'm quite happy to be here and I'm pretty sure she's okay without me."