15 : Unexpected Arrival

Start from the beginning

I stared at Danielle who was being straight up with me. I was too happy that night, I didn't want to think about the possible consequences that my actions would cause, I just wanted to enjoy how good that night had been.

"That isn't going to happen now, and when it does I'll think about what to do."

"Okay, Han, but be careful. I worry about you."

The woman got closer and hugged me tightly.

"I know you do, and thank you for this, Dani!"

"You don't have to thank me. Sleep tight, Han!"

"You too!"

And that night, most assuredly, Kim Minji would inhabit my dreams.

Minji's POV

This would be an amazing day to stay in bed if I didn't have to work of course. I opened my eyes seeing several chinks of light entering my room, the shutters were open, what a genius Minji! I stretched on the bed, remembering how good last night had been. I had no reason to sulk nor to complain, waking up early was the least of my concern when I spent last night with Scarlet.

'Oh Scarlet, how can you do this to me?'

I caught myself smiling as I remembered every detail from last night. It was a clearly proven fact by science that sex is good for health. Nothing could explain my excess happiness this morning.

I got out of bed, stepping on the cold floor, making my whole body shiver, I needed more sun in there, even though the cold was perfect.

I headed to the bathroom and did my morning hygiene, finishing quickly. Today I wouldn't wear a skirt, I opted for a wine color pair of pants, soft fabric and somewhat tight on my body, a black blouse with a high collar and long sleeves. Even like this I looked too formal, which was something usual for me.

After a quick breakfast, Wonbin was already prepared, waiting for me in front of the black Mercedes. The man uttered a well-humored good morning, surely astonished with my cheerful countenance.

"Good Morning, Wonbin!" I spoke cheerfully.

The man stared at me for a few seconds and then smiled.

"Good Morning, Minki."

"It's been so long since the last time you called me like that." I spoke smiling, while entering the car.

"I have to treat you with the respect of an employee towards the boss, Miss Kim."

I didn't say anything, even though Wonbin was one of the oldest employees, I couldn't mix things. One important thing that my father taught me was to separate work from personal life, and so far I was doing a great job.

Within minutes I was already in the Kim's Industry's elevator and as soon as the metal door opened, and the employee laid their eyes on me, the rush began, people quickly went towards their proper sectors with fear of what I could say. I would never get tired of how that situation was comical and awkward.

I passed by them with a serious and stern face, all of them pretending to be focused on their computer screens. I walked quickly until I caught sight of the brunette, who was sitting at her desk and, unlike the others, she was focused on her computer screen while typing something.

"Good Morning, Ms. Pham." I spoke with a grin.

Hanni put her hand over her chest, with a scared expression.

"Oh my God! Good Morning, Ms. Kim."

Her voice faltered, making me laugh at her nervous state.

"I'm sorry for scaring you."