55.9

"Jakob!" August calls as she gets out of her car before running into the garage beside the racetrack where their father had died. August ignores the chills she gets from being so close to the place of tragedy before focusing on trying to find her brother instead. "Jake!"
"Aug, what are you doing here?" Jakob asks as he grabs a beer from the fridge that Buddy keeps in the garage, causing August to look at him in shock.

"I was worried about you because you didn't stop," August answers as she takes a weary step towards her brother. "And because you didn't go home. Instead, you came here, the one place we haven't been to in over a year."
"I can't go home," Jakob says as he looks down at his beer, feeling tears form in his eyes as he begins to pick at the label on the beer bottle.
"What? Why? Because Dom is back?" August questions her brother as she shakes her head.
"Aug, you need to leave," Jakob says as he looks up at his sister because he knows that if he told her the truth, then she would never look at him the same way.

"What?" August asks as she looks at her brother confused. August waits a moment for Jakob to answer but he never does. "I'm not leaving until you tell me what is going on." Jakob looks up at his sister with a glare because of how stubborn she is. "Talk to me, Jake. We're family and you're my brother. We tell each other everything." Jakob sighs in defeat as he realizes the only way that she was going to leave is if he told the truth and he would rather her hate him than lie to her.
"Dom, raced me for my chance of redemption," Jakob tells her before finally taking a drink of the beer he had grabbed. "If I won, I got to go home. If I lost then I could never go back."

"What could you have done that was so bad that he would give you that option?" August asks as she furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"I was just doing what I was told to do," Jakob answers as he looks down while the first tears fall. "But I... I killed dad."
"You can't be serious right now," August says with a slight laugh before noticing the tears flowing down her brother's face. "No, no, no." August shakes her head as the memory of that day plays vividly through her mind. August remembers how she had thought Jakob had been under the hood for too long. "Jakob, what did you do?"

"I created a hairline crack in the fuel line," Jakob explains as he remembers what he had done. "I did exactly what dad told me to do."

"You killed, dad. Why did you do it? Why didn't you tell me or Dom?" August questions as she runs her fingers through her hair while pacing. Jakob goes to touch her arm in an attempt to calm her down, but she quickly moves away from him, causing them to look at each other in shock. "Jake, I'm sorry."
"You need to leave, August," Jakob says as his gaze hardens before August tries to protest. "GO NOW, AUGUSTINA!" August shrinks away from her brother because of his yelling before quickly running out to her car as tears stream down her face. That being the very last time that she saw her brother, while Mia continued to look for the truth.

TOKYO

August, Mia, and Letty look around for the garage that is listed on Han's file before finding the garage all boarded up. Letty pulls a board off of the window on the door before looking through the busted window with her flashlight. Letty reaches her arm through the busted window, unlocking the door.
"Han's old shop," Mia says as they look around the garage that hasn't been touched by anyone beside scavengers since Han's death. "God! It looks like this place has been picked over a thousand times."
"Gotta start somewhere," Letty says with a shrug as she walks deeper into the garage.

"It doesn't make any sense," Mia says while looking around. "I mean, Han ends up in Tokyo and he's supposed to have something to do with the key? But police records make it sound like he was running around with a bunch of small-time crooks." Mia follows Letty into what appears to be an office as August lets out a laugh.
"Don't mock it," August says as she looks at the stuff on a desk. "That's how we started. Maybe Han was looking for a change of scenery after Gisele died." Letty starts looking through a cabinet while Mia looks at the papers on the floor. "People mourn in different ways."

"How did Mr. Nobody get connected with Han?" Mia asks as she stands up to look at Letty and August. "They never... They never crossed paths unless..."
"Gisele," Letty says as she looks over at Mia. "She's former Mossad." Mia pulls out her phone to look at the information that Tej had sent them. "Mr. Nobody is a spy. They could have run in the same circles."
"There's Mossad clearance all over the files Mr. Nobody had on Han," Mia says with a nod as she looks at the information. "Mission spikes going back to Mexico, which is where Gisele was working when she met Dom, Aug, and Brian." August walks over to Mia, who looks up at her in shock. "Gisele's gotta be the link."
"Leave it to Mr. Nobody to confuse everyone," Letty says as it starts to make sense. "This place is a dead end. Let's get out of here."

"I'll check in with Tej and Roman," August says as she pulls up the contact labeled LOUD MOUTH on her phone.

"This place is a dead end," Letty says as she sets a bowl of food in front of both August and Mia.
"Do you think Jakob could be onto the Han connection?" August asks as Letty sits down across from her and Mia.
"If he has all the information we do, probably," Letty answers her with a shrug, causing Mia to lightly shake her head.

"I never told Dom or Aug..." Mia admits as she looks up at Letty, causing August to look at her confused. "I stayed in touch with him for a while after what happened." Letty raises her eyebrows in question as she eats. "He was over at Buddy's for about a year, and then... he was gone with a message not to follow. But after he disappeared, I was so desperate to find him that I would've... would've done anything." August starts to pick at her food as a small pit of jealousy forms, since Jakob had forced her out of his life with the truth. "I even broke into a police archive, but I didn't find anything."
"You what?" Letty asks her in shock at the revelation. "You were like 16."
"I did what I had to do," Mia responds with a nod of her head, causing August to lightly smile.
"Yeah," Letty states in understanding as she looks at her beer bottle.

"How about you? How are you doing?" August questions after she takes in Letty's distance gaze. "It's a change of pace, huh?"
"Just as I was remembering..." Letty starts explaining after letting out a small laugh. "Who I was everything changed. It slowed down." August takes a bite of her food as she remembers what it was like when she and Brian first settled down. "There's peace for me in the chaos. It's like I... I need to face the world head-on or something to feel alive." Letty looks from her beer bottle to up at Mia and August. "Seeing Little Brian hiding in a hole because we had unexpected company... that got to me. We never used to hide."
"Hey, Dom's my brother, but you will always be my sister," Mia tells her with a caring smile as August nods in agreement.

"Funny how we all have secrets," Letty replies with a smile while glancing around before something catches her eye.
"What?" Mia asks as she notices Letty focused on something behind her.
"You got to be kidding me," Letty says as she pulls the postcard out of her jacket.
"What is it?" August asks while Letty slides the postcard over to her and Mia.

"Remember what Han used to say about Tokyo?" Letty asks as she stands up before August and Mia follow her.
"You mean how in all the old Westerns, cowboys would make a run for the border to get away from the law, how Tokyo was his..." August answers as she looks at the postcard in confusion.
"Mexico," Letty finishes for her while pointing up to a Mexican flag that is in the window of an apartment.
"No way," Mia says with a smile as she looks up at the flag. None of them noticing that they are being watched.

 None of them noticing that they are being watched