(1) come back

She laughed. "Well, I'm not made of sugar."

Lucy Gray meant to test him, to see if he would betray her just as he had betrayed the others... and she was unfortunately met with the truth that she tried so hard to run from all this time, the hard truth.

Poor Lucy Gray, thinking the best of him, now faced the reality that he'd let her down too.

Coriolanus will turn on anyone, no matter who they are, just to get what he wants.

she decided to let him have one last song.

Are you, are you coming to the tree
Where they strung up a man
They say murdered three?

Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight
In the hanging tree

Are you, are you coming to the tree
Where the dead man called out
For his love to flee?

Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight
In the hanging tree

Are you, are you coming to the tree
Where I told you to run
So we'd both be free?

She heard gunshots and his screams, and she couldn't believe what was happening. He seemed crazy. Panicking, Lucy Gray quickly ran away from the chaos, trying to escape the madness that had taken over.

The once-familiar surroundings blurred as she sprinted, and the reality sank in - he was losing his mind.

Things had gone terribly wrong, and Lucy Gray was left running from a person she thought she knew.

Tired and out of breath, Lucy Gray plopped down by a tree. She hugged her knees, holding back tears, afraid he might hear her.

After a bit, she got up and cautiously walked back to the cabin, keeping an eye out.

But there was no sign of him; he really did leave her.

She could finally let the tears flow.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

When she finally got to the cabin she sank to her knees and sobbed onto the ground.

She had promised Coriolanus she'd protect his mother's scarf, but now it lay on the muddy ground.

After a while, she felt the need to figure out where to go next. Then, she changed her mind; she decided to stay right there. She pondered how she had no clue about finding a new home or building one.

Deep down, she secretly hoped that, someday, Coriolanus would come back for her.

The moon cast an eerie glow on the cabin, and Lucy Gray's thoughts drifted to the future. Uncertainty loomed, and she wondered if she could rebuild her life alone. The once vibrant and carefree girl now faced the harsh reality of survival.

Days turned into nights, and Lucy Gray remained in that desolate place. The cabin became both her sanctuary and a reminder of broken promises.

She traced the patterns on the scarf, hoping for a sign, a whisper of Coriolanus in the wind.

And so, Lucy Gray faced the unknown with a mixture of sorrow and newfound courage, wondering if, against all odds, she would cross paths with Coriolanus once more.