Chapter 15

Olivia and her friends were now deeper in the forest, and they knew they had to go further to escape from the agents in the forest looking for them. Olivia was still the leader and had to guide James and Jessie to the secret place where the Wing Warriors lived. She used her compass to follow the star that was her father in the sky. Jessie had had some mental breakdowns because Cindy was possibly dead, and she missed her hard. Olivia, Snow, and James were there for her, so she wasn't lonely.

Everyone also naturally took breaks to rest. James and Jessie also took time to get to know Snow better. Snow was great! She answered all the questions James and Jessie asked her.

Cindy had packed the backpacks and the teens discovered plenty of water, food, medicine, and other small items. There was a blanket in each of the teens' backpacks since it was cold when it was dark. However, the teens agreed that they would not sleep until they reached their destination. Snow did feel lucky to be able to sleep in Olivia's kangaroo pouch. Luckily, it was thanks to the fresh air that they were still awake, even though they yawned a lot. But they had to escape from the agents. Everyone needed sleep. Snow was lucky. The teenagers, unfortunately, not yet. They hoped they were almost to their destination.

Now they were walking, Jessie and James following Olivia. The girl with wings was using the compass she got from Cindy. No one spoke on the way. Olivia followed the arrow of the compass where her father was in the sky. She occasionally looked from the compass to Snow, Jessie, and James to see if they were still okay and also if they were still following.

But as Olivia looked at her compass, she noticed that the compass was behaving strangely. The arrow started spinning nonstop and it was aggressive. Olivia quickly stopped walking and signaled to James and Jessie to stop as well. When they did, Olivia turned around with what looked like a worried look in her brown eyes. She looked at the teenagers. "The compass is acting weird."

Before James and Jessie could get to her, the ground opened out of nowhere beneath their shoes. The teens and Snow were so startled that they began to fall. The teens screamed in panic as they fell. Who knows how long that tunnel was that led down? The tunnel was big enough for 3 teenagers to fall. Olivia was in full panic that she didn't even notice Snow flying out of her kangaroo bag. The teens and Snow thought they were going to be dead because they thought there was nothing down there, but they were wrong. There was something down below where they had landed on soft ground. It was like the story of Divergent, where Tris jumped from the roof and landed on some kind of trampoline. Olivia and the others let out a sound as they landed on something soft, and they flew in the air a few times. It was a big, strong trampoline. After they landed safely on the trampoline, everyone gasped in shock at what was happening. It all happened so fast! Their hearts were beating against their breasts. They stayed a bit where they were until their hearts calmed and their panting stopped.

The teens and Snow were calm as they lay on the trampoline. Olivia was the first to move to see where they were. It was an... interesting place. Where they were now was quite empty and dark. Some lamps gave light but unfortunately not much. The large trampoline was in the middle of the large room. Olivia helped her friends up while she carefully stuffed Snow into her kangaroo coat pocket. After she got off of the trampoline, Olivia headed toward the only door there was. It did say "Exit" on it, so, of course, it was the exit towards the outside. That's what everyone hoped, at least.

But before Olivia reached the door along with her friends, the door suddenly opened aggressively. At least six bodyguards walked in with strong spears in their hands and even scabbards pressed against their bodies. A scabbard is an equipment piece where a sword is stored. It could also even be hung against a belt or their backs. Olivia was immediately protected by her friends. They were important to her, James, Jessie, and Snow. Also, Cindy, who was possibly dead. The bodyguards formed a circle around Olivia and her friends. The girl with wings and her friends felt nervous and scared. Were they going to die? Was this the end for them? But then the friends realized the bodyguards: they had white wings, the same as Olivia's! The bodyguards' faces were covered with strong armor and also had helmets on.

Just before Olivia could utter a word through her mouth, another figure appeared. It was a man who had short reddish/brownish hair with brown eyes. He also had armor on, but no helmet. So his face was visible. But look at his wings! They were big! Bigger than Olivia's! Who was he? He approached Olivia and her friends, with a serious expression on his face. After stopping in front of Olivia's face, he looked deep into her eyes, opened his mouth, and finally let out his voice, which was full of seriousness. "Who are you?"