Chapter 3: Meeting the Duchess

Previously...

"Excuse me, Mr. Martin." Jenkins' voice spoke up, the brunette looking ahead to the front of the limo. "We have arrived at Charmant Castle."

Braedey leans over to the window and looks over, just as he could see Charmant Castle coming into view just up ahead. "Whoa... Talk about a Disney castle come to life..." He muttered in awe.

"Jenkins, was the one who created this castle a very eccentric man or someone who loved making castles for a living?" Braedey asked.

"Honestly, I can't really say for sure." Jenkins answered back. "The original architect was well before my time, maybe even back to the 1500's."

Braedey gave a whistle of admiration. "Impressive." He then looks to the front courtyard as they made their way there, crossing the drawbridge into the castle. "Well, here we go..."

~*~*~

The limousine pulls up to a stop in the courtyard of the castle, the engine shutting off

The limousine pulls up to a stop in the courtyard of the castle, the engine shutting off. Jenkins steps out of the car and walks to the back door, opening it for Braedey, the brunette looking on in awe of the castle as he climbs out of the limo, Jenkins collecting his luggage from the back of the car.

"Wow... This place is something I didn't expect to see in my life..." Braedey muttered in amazement. Internally, he smirked. 'Eat your heart out, Frank! Ha! This is way better than fishing in some old gulley or waterhole you'd call a fishing spot.'

"Mr. Martin, let's be on our way inside." Jenkins now suggested to Braedey, the brunette looking to him.

"Right." Braedey got his bags and he followed Jenkins inside.

Once stepping into the main front entrance of the castle, Braedey felt like he's just stepped back in time. Mural painting decorated the walls, lovely furnishings along columns and the roof lining, marble tiles and columns, along with decorative tiles across the whole floor, and there was so much more. But he also did take notice of modern lighting, heating and cooling, and who knows what else.

"Amazing..." Braedey muttered out, then he could hear the tapping from his shoes as he walks along. "Whoa, holy moly. I can hear my own footsteps echoing." He then noticed the phones being up-to-date. "Jenkins?"

"Oh, are you curious about the castle? Well, it may look and feel like being back in the renaissance era, but it has the latest in modcons like central heating and cooling throughout, the latest in kitchen appliances and gadgets, phone service throughout the whole of the castle, computer systems, even wi-fi connectivity." Jenkins explained to Braedey.

"Hmm... fancy." Braedey nodded in curiosity. "Have to say, this is definitely not what I expected."

"Best you make yourself comfortable in the lounge." Jenkins gestured to the huge lounge room nearby. "I will go inform to the King of your arrival. He'd be pleased to hear you've arrived."