Chapter 2: Travelling to Norway

Start from the beginning

"Nothing can be more important than going with your uncle out fishing during the weekend." Frank insisted, holding up a fishing rod. "Got the best set on the lot. All anti-reverse technology."

"Is that what it said on the brochure back in 1955?" Braedey remarked sarcastically. "Plus, I've got things like school, family, friends, and more to do than spend time with my fishing-obsessed uncle who's a complete outlier of the family, who's wife and kids also left." He then berated Frank.

"Hey! Don't need to bring up all that nonsense." Frank spoke back.

"Is it nonsense if it's all true?" James interjected. "Do you know why Lorraine left with your kids Sam and Carly? It's because of your over-obsession of fishing in the first place. It's just so suffocating. Even I left with Naomi to start a life far away from you."

"Come on, Boy." Frank scoffed and looks to Braedey. "So what do you say? Wanna go fishing?"

'Seriously? He's ignoring everything we're telling him.' James sighed mentally in exasperation. 'We tell him the truth, and he just won't accept it.'

"I am going to be as blunt as I can to you, Uncle Frank." Braedey spoke calmly but holding in anger. "I. Am not. Going fishing. With you. I've got an invitation from a duchess in Norway who's asked me to come over to her castle for a special celebration, which is exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to Norway, and you can't stop me."

"Excuse me, but what does this... Noorwag have that's better than fishing?" Franklin spoke out, everyone now groaning in exasperation and annoyance. "What?"

"Seriously? You are so uncultured and ignorant." James muttered in frustration. "It's pronounced as NORWAY. You need some serious education."

"So what? What's so special about this Duchess that you'd just go and leave me?" Frank questioned back at Braedey.

"Because the letter was sent to me directly and I'm taking the invite immediately." Braedey stated as he held up the envelope and letter.

"Come on. This Duchess person can't be that important to not go out fishing with me." Frank stated out.

"Frank." Braedey snaps out, everyone looking to him. "Let me say this as clear as I can so you can hear me. I'm NOT going fishing, and will NEVER go fishing with you at all. I'm travelling to Norway first thing tomorrow morning, and there's nothing you can do to stop me!" He declared firmly.

"Come on!" Frank spoke back.

"He said enough, Frank." James steps up, standing in front of Braedey and blocking Frank's path. "Braedey has made his decision, and he's sticking to it, with all of us backing his decision. Now get back in your truck, drive away, and don't ever come back." He ordered.

Frank looked at everyone else, all of them glaring at him as they stood there, some of them crossing their arms in the process. He attempted to try and play the guilt trip card to goad Braedey to join him on his fishing trip, but the brunette wasn't moving an inch.

"I'm not that stupid, Frank." Braedey grunted darkly. "Guilt tripping me into going on your fishing trip won't work. Now get out of here."

Frank couldn't believe what he's hearing, and sighed to himself as he walked back over to his truck, climbing in the truck. He fired up the truck's engine, smoke now bellowing from the exhaust, as the truck now drives away with the sound of grinding gears.

"Finally." Naomi sighed in relief. "He's gone."

"I can't even be around that guy." Braedey muttered, James patting his shoulder. "Thanks for being by my side, Dad."