I.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Oh sweet darling dear, you weep more often than usually do. The wane of the moon is inevitable, surely you are aware of that. There is no point in wasting such precious tears, instead, come venture into the world once more. You have bored me for too long.
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Wherever he went, whispers and hostile gazes followed him like a stubborn shadow. It began when he exited the Hall of the Dragon after an awkward meeting with the High Elder. He was completely unaware of the situation, no one knew what was running in the High Elder’s mind but everyone assumed that Wriothesley's presence angered the divine dragon and misfortune would soon befall the nation of Fengdan. The High Elder's aide Iaune talked to Wriothesley when he left the Hall that day, reassuring him that he did nothing wrong. The High Elder was reminiscing about an unpleasant past just hours before the appointment and it somehow caused his irritable mood. Wriothesley understood it and left on his own without asking further questions.

However, the public was not informed about the High Elder's private matters which led to Wriothesley's current predicament. “They will soon burn a hole in our backs if they keep staring at us like that…” Jurieu whispered while leaning close to the General. He is one of Wriothesley's trusted companions and somehow, appointed him to be his second-in-command. Jurieu is a smart inventor and tactician which gained him a reputation among the scholars and the army. He is usually friendly and outgoing until his fellow inventor, Lourvine enters the picture. Both would often waste time in nonsensical banters which led others to think that they are lovers with a rather complicated past. However, despite their contradicting personalities, they make a great team in overseeing the weaponry department.

Wriothesley could not help but feel uncomfortable under the discerning stares from the crowd. He simply wanted to have a peaceful walk around the palace before heading to the training grounds to check his men but it turned out to be a battle of wits and he somehow became the new public interest. He tried his best not to be concerned, keeping his unbothered expression while increasing his speed. Jurieu was also striding his legs far and wide to catch up with the General. Both wanted to leave the public eye as soon as possible, thinking that it would solve their problems when they reached their destination. Unfortunately, upon arriving on the training grounds, he was also bombarded with questions and curious looks from his comrades. The new General has upset the High Elder, what atrocities did he commit to anger the divine dragon? Wriothesley has become the new talk of the town.

“I will leave this here, my Lord." Iaune left the study after placing a warm cup of water on the desk. The High Elder adores water and it helps him unwind and ease his troubled mind. Now that he was left alone in his ministries, another surge of distress took over his thoughts. For a moment he hoped this was all a dream, where he could wake up and overlook the raging sentiments within. The court and servants witnessed how he gaped at the General with contempt and agony, some would even say that he, the divine dragon, caught a glimpse of the General's dreadful secret that might risk his position once disclosed. In a sense yes, but only Neuvillette is aware of the truth. He was the only person present in the war five hundred years ago, and the only soul that witnessed his lover's gruesome demise. At this point, Neuvillette could not keep still, he paced back and forth in his chambers looking exhausted yet thrilled at this unexpected event. Fate knew how he suffered from the loss which he thought he could never recover. As years passed, he convinced himself that his imperceptible wounds had ultimately healed until today, when Fate presented him with the past that he longed to forget. Bitterness swelled in his chest, anger kindled inside him, and questions burned deep in his mind. Why now? He loathed Fate for playing him like a tool for its amusement and despised the reincarnation of his lover whose existence served as a reminder that his one true love has long passed the world of the living.
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
“Did I hear that right? We will be sent to the northern borders?" It was too early for a ruckus but Jurieu was unable to control his utter disappointment. Yet unlike him, Wriothesley was more calm and composed despite the news he received." Only me, you will stay here and continue your work with Lourvine” He somehow had a gist about the makings of this plot. It is to shun him away and tie him down as far as possible from the capital. ‘He angered the High Elder, after all, it is only just to send him away. And it is not like he'd be useless, the northern borders are in dire need of reinforcements and the General would be a perfect fit.’ Wriothesley overheard some elders whispering in the garden days ago while he was on break. It was unfair as he also felt lost in what was happening, yet no one, even the High Elder's aides, returned to give him a proper explanation.

“You can't just accept this. I'll accompany you to the High Council to─” Jurieu wasn't able to finish, he stopped speaking when Wriothesley raised his hand to halt the inventor's words. He looked dignified despite the unjust treatment he received from the court. "I will accept the assignment. Refusing would also mean rebelling against the High Elder's will. I have angered him once, I will not repeat it.” He said, determined to fulfill his duties no matter the circumstances. The elders may dislike him but they are right about one thing, the northern borders require urgent assistance. As the General, he must uphold his honor and duty to maintain the nation's defense and keep an eye on possible dangers that lurk outside the territory. Jurieu sighed. Every word Wriothesley spoke was undeniably true and he had no choice but to accept the fact that his friend would be away for quite a long time knowing that his friend was no longer a mere citizen nor a normal foot soldier, he had become one of the pillars that support the nation and its people together with the High Elder who oversees this land.