Talk

"We need to talk."

Johnnie tenses at Jake's words, nervous as fuck. He can feel his palms growing sweaty as he clears his throat.

" 'Bout what?"

Jake's eyes narrow his leg bouncing up and down as he stares into Johnnie's eyes,

"About this."

Jake puts his arms out to him and Johnnie before putting them to his sides. Johnnie's heart was beating so hard he could hear it in his ears. He had afeeling Jake was about to put him down real slow.

"I.. uh..."

Johnnie struggles to find words, only want Jake to get this over with.

"Sir, from what I've observed you are acting very strange."

Jake puts on his character voice, the one that sounds like someone's dubbed over him.

Though Jake was being completely serious. He was wondering what the fuck is going on with Johnnie.

"Wh- Huh? What no.... Pshh that's...."

Johnnie loses his words and sighs in defeat.

Jake scoots closer to Johnnie, allowing his hand to slide onto Johnnie's thigh.

"You good with this?"

Johnnie nods and hums, extremely flustered at Jake's bold actions. Johnnie tries to avoid eye contact while Jake is trying to maintain it.

Johnnie was still beautiful even if he was trying hide his face from him.

"I..."

Johnnie's head perks up, could this be a confession?

Jake wants to say it. He wants to say 'I love you.' He always has loved Johnnie, wether it be platonically or romantically. He's in love with him. Maybe even more than he's ever loved Tara, Jake loves hard, and he doesn't stop loving.

But he can't.

This is wrong.

He takes his hand off of Johnnie's thigh and puts it in his lap, Johnnie can see the feeling of pain flood his eyes as he stares at the ground.

"I uhm.. Just wanted to say thank you. For helping me edit my video yesterday."

Silence. You could hear a pin drop between these two.

Johnnie bites the inside of his cheek and sucks up any tears threatening his waterline.

"Yeah no problem man."

It's not like Johnnie was expecting anything, but it sure did give him a load of disappointment. He knew he was just making things up between him and Jake, why does he have to be so stupid sometimes?

Johnnie stands up, preparing to go to his room when Jake grabs his wrist.

"Wanna have a sleepover?"

Jake allows a small smile paint his features.

"We live in the same house Jake, everyday is a sleepover."

Jake chuckles, "But we don't share the same room so it's different."

Even though Johnnie's mood was dampened, Jake always finds a way to make him smile with his antics.

"Okay but you're sleeping on the floor."

"What? No we can just share the same bed, it wouldn't be the first time."

Johnnie turns around, a stupid smile on his face as if that whole interaction a few minutes earlier didn't happen.

"Oh you're going on the floor."

Johnnie launches onto Jake on the bed, both of them play fighting and laughing like children until Johnnie finally pushes Jake off the bed, "THE FLOOR! WHERE YOU BELONG!"

Jake laughs and sits up, grabbing onto the nightstand while he gets up. Not noticing the suggestive postion him and Johnnie were in at the moment. He was too busy looking at the clock on his phone.

"Eugh... Get you crotch out of my face Jake."

Jake looks down and jumps back like a cat, making him fall on the floor. Johnnie laughs his ass off and gets off the bed to help him up.

"I didn't know I was like th-"

Johnnie pats him on the back roughly, making him stumble forward a bit.

"You're good."

God what Johnnie would do to be like that again. He's never really had those thoughts about Jake, but something sparked in him. It just felt natural.

Though never in a lifetime would he tell Jake about those thoughts. He's used to Jake telling him all of the stuff anyways.

"Do I actually have to sleep on the floor?"

Johnnie shakes his head, "No, but we will be at least a foot away in the bed."

"Don't count on it."

☆-

Johnnie and Jake were now watching YouTube on Jake's laptop, he definitely meant it earlier when saying 'don't count on it.' Because Johnnie was cradled by his side while Jake was playing with his hair.

Johnnie wasn't even paying attention to the video, he was focusing more on the way Jake's chest rose and fell and the way his heart beats peacefully.

Jake on the other hand was full focus on the video, it was a documentary on punk culture. Johnnie says that punk is Jake's special interest, Jake doesn't argue with him. He agrees that it's an interest that he'll never get over. He loves it so much it makes him want to run circles around the house whenever he hears someone mention it.

Though as the documentary ended Jake was reminded that Johnnie was curled up like a cat on his chest. Jake continues to play with his hair, looking down to Johnnie. He was dead asleep.

Jake can't help but to look back on him and Johnnie's earlier interaction, they both were so serious, and Johnnie looked like he was about to cry. But Jake still managed to make him smile.

And here they are. Cuddling.

Cuddling.

Together.

And there Jake goes, thinking about kissing Johnnie again. Honestly with the way they've been acting together, Jake is almost positive Johnnie has been having the same thoughts as him.

But he always has his doubts.

At the same time Jake is stupid, and bold.

Jake shakes Johnnie awake, hearing soft grumbles escape his mouth as he stretches,

"What do you want Jake..."

It's almost as if Jake isn't thinking, he just want to kiss him. Just once.

But he won't.

"So... What happened to being at least a foot apart?"

Johnnie squeezes Jake closer to him.

"Oh shut the fuck up..."

Jake waits until Johnnie is fully asleep before kissing him softly on the top of his head. He swears to God one day he's going to geek out and start saying 'As you wish.' To Johnnie.

☆-

I HOPE YOU GUYS GET THAT REFERENCE

ITS SO LOVELY

Kay I love yall :3

Honestly it's like a breath of fresh air to not be like worrying about having super in depth stories that are like super serious, like I can be cringe and be free and I can rush and be silly. •w•