And Blair was happy and sad about it at the same time.

Out of the genuine human care she had for Callie and Mark as they were decent people who at least cared about her in some capacity since they shared the same friend circle, she was hoping that they were at least doing okay.

Callie was pregnant with Mark's baby, and this love triangle thing Blair was imaging she was in with Jackson and Lexie just got a whole lot bigger.

She stared up at the star on their Christmas tree.

Yeah, maybe it looked more like that, now. A star. But Blair was too drunk to shape out the new love-shape in her head.

Well, at least she had something other than the shooting that she could talk to her shrink about tomorrow morning.

Oh crap... Blair was drunk, and she had an appointment to talk to her shrink tomorrow morning.

Arizona finally stands up, putting a hand out for Blair to take. As the two got up, Arizona starts fixing Blair's messy hair and getting some cut up ribbon out of it. They had (poorly) made some ribbon bows for their tree... which may need to be redone another time when they're not drunk.

"You know," Blair started as Arizona combed ribbon and sparkles out of Blair's hair. "You're very motherly."

The two stared at each other for a moment before breaking out cackling at the absolute irony to Blair's comment.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

"What do you mean you want us to do my treatments from Seattle?"

Ophelia Carmine is sitting in an exam room at Brigham and Women's Hospital, scrunching her face in confusion at Catherine Avery. Her eyes were squinting and her mouth was slightly open the way they do when she doesn't quite get it.

Catherine deadpanned at Ophelia, as if she had just asked her a pretty stupid question.

"You need a support system, Ophelia," Catherine said with a sigh. "I've been telling you this since we first got your results back that you're going to need a support system."

Ophelia's family was from Connecticut, but the forty-eight year old's parents had both passed away in the last decade, and she had been an only child. She also never married—not that it was really a desire of hers. She liked the single life, the traveling solo during summer breaks, relaxing in her apartment with a good book after a day at work or working on writing books she never got published, being independent and confident in herself in every way she had ever wanted to be.

"And you want my support system to be the twenty-eight year old gunshot-wound-recovering-victim-best-friend of your son?" Ophelia questioned.

"I want your support system to be the girl you consider your daughter," Catherine replied, reaching out to grab Ophelia's hand.

Catherine and Ophelia officially met when Blair's eighteenth birthday was coming up, and Jackson was planning on throwing her a makeshift version of a Filipino debut. Since then, they would always see each other at Blair's birthdays, her high school graduation party, her college graduation party, and they somehow managed to become friends.

It was an unlikely pairing, an English teacher and a surgeon, but Catherine supposed the world had an interesting way of coming full circle. They met because of Jackson and Blair, and then Jackson and Blair ended up following the same career paths.

Catherine never expected that she would have to diagnose a dear friend of hers with such an advanced stage of uterine cancer when that friend was only forty-eight. She can still remember Ophelia's response when she told her that she'd likely need to get her uterus and her ovaries taken out, depending on where the cancer had spread, "Well, it's not like I really need them anyways since it's already too late for me in that department, right?" She had said it with such a joking smile that even Catherine hadn't known how to respond to it.