ˢᶜᴴᴼᴼᴸ

// ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔬\\

// ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔬\\

The Cole Effect

KATHERINE KNOCK ON Jackie's door, "Jackie, it's me. Can I come in?". "Sure". Katherine walk in.

"Will told me about what happened at the pool. I'm am so sorry about Albert. He just gets really excited sometimes." Katherine told her, as she shut the door, Jackie gave her a warm smile. "So how are you settling in? Can I get you anything? I'm sorry that there's not more room up here yet. I—". Katherine was cut off, by Jackie. "It's fine. I'm sorry I'm taking your space." Jackie said.

"Oh, please. I do not have time to paint anymore with all the kids running around. I want you to have it." Katherine smiled at her, as Jackie gave one back. "How'd it go with the surgery?", Jackie asked. "Oh, um, it went well. Uh, turns out Bo had a really bad ear infection. He's gonna be fine. But it was really bothering him, and it was bothering his owner." Jackie chuckled slightly.

"Did you study veterinary medicine at Columbia? I saw the picture of you and my mom", Jackie asked.

"No. Uh, I got my first degree at Columbia, and then I went to vet school at Colorado State. Such a long time ago." Katherine explained, as the two just looked at each other. Jackie smiled.

"You're so much like her."

"Everyone says that. Lucy looks.....Um...Lucy...looked more like dad." Jackie told her.

"Well, it's not just your looks. You have her poise. Her......bearing. You know, she talked about you and Lucy all the time",

"She's talked about you too",

"So, how come I haven't met before the funeral?", Jackie questioned.

"Actually, we did meet, when you were really little. But then it got so hard for your mom and me to get together. We'd manage every couple of years, but we talked on the phone and we'd text. The last time I saw her, she was at Telluride for that film she did the costumes for." Katherine explained, as it went silent again, until Jackie spoke. "I remember."

"I was actually planning to a trip to come see her when........", she trailed off. "The accident happened". It went silent again, Jackie sat on her bed as Katherine sat with her. "Jackie, I know coming here is hard for you. And I cannot not even begin to imagine what you're going through. But you know it's what your mom wanted. I mean, your uncle Richard, he loves you. But he's travels so much for work. And your mom really wanted you to have a stable family around you. You get that right?", Katherine said, Jackie nodded. "I know. I do."