i

"Come on brother, you have gotten rusty with your swordsmanship," The woman taunted before slashing the heavy, steel sword towards her brother

Prince Igor grunted, stumbling to avoid her attack, feeling his eyes getting crossed. He landed on his back, feeling a little tap of a pointed object on his stomach. "You- terrible little devil-" He panted, not even bothering to get up from where he gracelessly lay on the grass.

A delighted laugh rang from his sister who approached him with terrycloths. "Oh, you know you owe it to me for getting myself into trouble with papa." She passed him one of the terrycloth while using one to wipe off the sweat beading on her skin.

It was a beautiful morning. A beautiful one to drag her alcohol infected brother out from his room (all while threatening him) and force him to play swords with her. It was her absolute favourite thing to do when the day was bright and sunny.

Her brother scoffed, sitting up and snatching the offered cloth out of her hand with unnecessary force. "I did not get you into trouble." He protested.

"Really? So, you did not wake up the whole castle, breaking pots and vases while sneaking into your room at unholy hours of dawn?" She raised her brows, accepting the offered glass of fresh water from her personal maid. She kicked her brown, leather boots lightly at her brother's legs, not enough to hurt but enough to annoy him to swat them away.

"I was drunk." Was his short reply.

Natalia rolled her eyes, passing the unfinished glass to Igor. "And i had to chain up a bunch of excuses for you to papa. I am not sure he quite believe when i said that you were mourning for our deceased cat-"

"What?! Why would you say that?!" Her brother stood up so quickly that he saw little spots of black in the air.

"Igor, you cannot expect me to make up a good lie when i was half asleep! Besides papa was right there at the end of the corridor, i did not have the time to make up a believable excuse!" She glared at him before walking off.

Her brother followed, feeling more frustrated by the second. "I clearly told you to tell him that my friend from the town needed help so i had to accompany him for the night."

"Oh, i forgot."

"No you did not."

"Fine, yes i did not. Look Igor, you have been doing this for way too long. Few times a month? Yes, that i can understand. But you sneak off to some unnamed, honestly very questionable bars every goddamn night! What if the wrong person catch a hold of this? And no- royal reputation be damned, you are putting your life in danger!" She stopped midwalk and turned to her brother. "You and I both know that rebellions are rising in some part of the kingdom. There are rumours-"