chapter 1: Watanabe Yuki

(I don't know If it a mistranslation or if Opera a boy in the Mafia au. So I'll be using them to describe Opera but when it comes to the talking parts I'll be using he/him)

(Also Yuki is older than Opera in the au. She's 18. I don't know how old Opera is in the main manga tho)

(Relationships are slightly different between Yuki and the other characters in the Mafia au)

She was sleeping in her room, when she heard a sudden sound from outside her room as she stirred from her nap. She got up, opening the door. A teenager ran past her room, with a little boy under their arm, their arms were chained. HUH!?

The teen put the kid down, and they squat down infront of him. "You're a burden" before Yuki could even try to grasp the situation, the teenager ran off.

"There he is! Get him!" She heard some of the Mafia members yell out. ... is this kid a enemy of the Mafia!

The teen was stopped by a group of the Mafia members. "Annoying..." they said. Her eyes widen when they easily took down the members. This kid might acutally be interesting...

She walked over to them "you took them out pretty eas-" she was saying. They tried to kick her, but she dodge their attack. Before she could saying anything else, the little kid from eariler reach them.

"Wait!" The little kid yelled out.

The teen and Yuki turned around, the little kid ran over to them "I'm so... hic I'm so sorry!" He yelled out while crying. Behind him were a bunch of beaten Mafia members Jeez... either Sullivan's men are pathetic or these kids are the real deal... She thought.

"Did you do that?" The teen asked.

The little boy whipped his head, tilting his head in confusion. "Why are you following me? Aren't you the don's grandson?" The teen asked the little kid. Yuki hand went toward her mouth, as she gasped

Grandson!?

"I'm the Don's daughter and he has no grandson!" She yelled out.

The little boy looked up as he yelled "NO! I'm also from the slum..."

The teen lift their arms over the little kid's head "Huh...?" Yuki was saying.

"Was there a voice coming from over there?"
"Didn't one of those voices sound like lady Yuki?"

The teen put their arms around the little boy, and then pull agaisnt his neck slightly as the kid eyes widen as he glance down in shock. Covering his mouth with his hands. "Do something unnecessary and I'll kill you" They said to the kid.

The teen then glared at her "if you want to live. I recommend you stay quiet and follow me" They told her.

I guess I could play along She fake some tears "o-okay" she forced a shaky voice. It was quite easy for her because of some jobs she has done for the Mafia before.

They went to a storage room to hide, as soon as they entered. Yuki dropped her act as she sat down on a wooden box, the teen was sitting agaisnt the door with the little boy.

"I was certain I heard something from over here..."
"You sure you didn't imagine it?"
"No, I'm sure I heard it..."
"... a child's voice and lady Yuki... or something"

The little boy was trembling "it... it's so dark... I'm scared..." She frown, genuinely feeling bad for the little boy.

"Then try to think of a way to get us out of here." The teen told them, the little boy got up as the teen lift their arms.