[11] Where are you?

Começar do início

Standing at the doorstep, a sudden realization hit him. He felt small and exposed, like prey presenting itself at the stalker's doorstep. What if something went wrong? He wasn't as smart as Taro or as composed as Ayato. He was just Osano, relying on others to clean up his mess.

Would Ayato resent him for this?

That thought chilled Osano. Over time, their friendship had grown more precious than he'd imagined. Starting as an awkward encounter, it had blossomed into something meaningful. But was it right for him to cling to Ayato like that?

His finger hovered over the doorbell, trembling under the pressure. One thought strengthened his resolve: he couldn't bear losing Ayato—not now, not ever.

The doorbell's sharp ring broke the silence, startling Osano. He held his breath, waiting for a response. Footsteps approached from behind the door, and when it finally opened, he found himself face-to-face with a little girl.

"Who are you?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"U-uh...I...Uh..." Osano stuttered, attempting to gather his thoughts. Summoning courage, he asked, "Is your brother home?"

"My brother?" The girl seemed puzzled, scanning him with a hint of surprise. "Who are you?"

"I'm a friend," Osano replied.

Uninterested, the girl ignored his response. "I'll check if he's home."

"Great! Thanks," Osano said a little too eagerly, instantly closing his mouth. The girl regarded him weirdly before shutting the door, footsteps fading away.

Shaken by the abrupt exchange, Osano calmed himself. His stalker had a sister? He hadn't expected that. But the presence of a sibling offered a glimmer of safety from any immediate harm.

The door opening again startled him, but confusion replaced fear as he saw the girl once more.

"He's not home," she said plainly.

"What do you mean?" Osano asked, bewildered.

"He's just not here," she repeated, seemingly done with the topic.

The fear crept back; Ayato was supposed to be there. "Then, where could he be?"

"I don't know. Can't you text him?" The girl's disinterest was evident. "I don't know where he is. He took his stuff, so maybe he's out."

"Do you know what he took?" Osano asked, seeking a clue.

"I'm not his keeper," she responded dryly, losing interest in the conversation. "I've got to go. Good luck finding him."

The door shut, leaving Osano standing outside, muttering to himself. "I hope so..."

Defeated, he turned away, gazing into the dark street. Anxiety surged back, his thoughts consumed by Ayato's disappearance. Where could he be?

He didn't know Ayato's home address, and he didn't expect Ayato to be there either. Knowing Ayato, he would have returned Osano's pet before heading home, not leaving Osano in the dark.

A thought played in the back of his head, taunting him about the state of his friend. There was a place Osano considered checking. And as he found himself walking to the location, he feared for the worst.

The rain poured heavily. Osano tightened his grip on the umbrella, watching the droplets slide across the cover before dripping down. It wasn't a long walk, and soon he stood in front of the garbage site.

He took a deep breath and walked in, the eerie quietness unsettling him. The grounds stretched out in the darkness, his surroundings obscured by heaps of metal trash and waste. As he cautiously scanned the area, a sense of dread settled in. He was terrified, but as he covered the site, he realized he was alone.