She thanked her family for the support they were showing her and was planning to end the call before her mother decided that the next topic that needed to be discussed was her precious Christmas ball.

"Esmeralda. I need you to be on your best behaviour. Many members that are considered to be crème de la crème will be attending, and some of them are very handsome bachelors looking for a wife. I expect you to entertain them and make sure that by the end of the night I will have a lot of marriage proposals asking for your hand." Her mother informed her with a voice that held no invitation for arguments. Her father rolled his eyes as he took out his other phone. Her brother, however, was trying hard to not laugh at the sheer audacity their mother had at trying to force her into a marriage that would most likely end up in a divorce a few years after.

"I'm afraid I can't do that mother." Esmeralda countered as she silently thought about all the men in her life that she could probably convince to pretend to be her boyfriend for a week.

"Why is that, young lady?"

"Because I already have a boyfriend. We are currently trying to keep our relationship private but we are happy together." She answered. She tried to not make it visible for her mother that she was lying through her teeth.

Danyi narrowed her eyes, trying to detect if her daughter was lying just for the sake of it or if she was truly speaking the truth.

"I expect to hear whispers of a planned engagement by the end of next year between you and him at the Christmas ball then." Her mother said before she left the call, leaving her with only her brother and father left.

"You just lied to our mother dear, Esme." Anteros managed to say between his laughs. He clearly found the whole situation funny.
"While I do not approve of you lying to your mother, little emerald, I will let it slide this time. Your mother has taken it too far this time, but I do expect to see you next to someone at least during the Ball. They better not be a hired escort either." Her father said before he too ended the call.

"What a pleasant family meeting. Oh, well. See you in a couple of weeks, lil sis. Text me when you decide the date to announce your retirement as the CEO." The call ended as he too left, leaving Esmeralda to think about which person she could call in a favour for.

Both Charles and Hoseok were out of the question. Jong Suk were also out of the equation. In fact most of the men she was associated with were out of the picture. Every man but one. Tom Blyth. The question was, however, if they both could manage to pull it off without getting hurt. It also had to be considered that somehow she had to ask him to do this despite herself wishing that their friendship could blossom into something without her having to ruin it along the way.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

INSTAGRAM

esmeraldabelamour

Liked by anterosbelamour, tomblyth, estellelars and 6,938,288 others

esmeraldabelamour You always have to go and ruin things 🐍

Comments are disabled

3 hours ago

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

INSTAGRAM

misoamour

Liked by starlarsen, anterosbelamour and 45 others

misoamour Why you pointing at me with that knife?

View comments

starlarsen Is everything alright bby?
Reply     Like

anterosbelamour What are you planning, lil sis? Please answer my messages.
Reply     Like