v. ( a good team )

Start from the beginning

The pair always had a father-daughter relationship. Ever since her parents passed, she was solely raised by her sister. But after the games, Thatch stepped up. A little reluctantly at first, but he still did. He was afraid to let people in. But Beatrice broke his walls down. He was happy she did.

"Alright, you next," Thatch pointing at Vaughn, "What'd you do in training?" Beatrice looked across the table at her district partner.

"Well, I mostly just worked on my sword skills. I also went to the combat section and sparred with Gloss," Vaughn explained.

Beatrice's eyes widened when he said Gloss. Gloss was a career. Careers don't associate with tributes from lower districts. They basically saw them as walking corpses.

"Gloss? What were you doin' with a career?" Thatch said what she was thinking.

"Well..." Vaughn said awkwardly, "They asked me to ally with them. And Beatrice too."

"Absolutely not," Beatrice exclaimed immediately, "I'm not joining those arrogant assholes."

"Aren't you all buddy-buddy with Finnick? What's the difference?" Vaughn said and rolled his eyes at Beatrice.

Beatrice's eyes narrowed at Vaughn. "You know exactly what the difference is. Finnick is a good person, not a fucking killing machine!" She couldn't believe he even had the compare the two. She wasn't one to swear, so everyone knew that she was mad. No one talked about Finnick that way in front of her. He was her best friend.

The nerve this man has.

"She's right, Vaughn. Finnick may have his flaws, but he protected Beatrice when we weren't there to. Going with One and Two is a suicide mission," Thatch said, immediately agreeing with Beatrice. This is usually how arguments between the three of them go.

"It's different this year!" Vaughn exclaimed, "We aren't all scared tributes now."

"Yes, but they still see us the same way! As things they can use and then throw away when they don't need us anymore. It's how it always goes," Beatrice said, trying to reason with him. She didn't always like Vaughn, but she still didn't want to see him die. Especially at the hands of the Careers.

Vaughn just shakes his head. "I'm done with this conversation," he said. He stood up and rushed to his room. Beatrice and Thatch just share a glance and continue eating.

What a child.

It was the next morning now

It was the next morning now. The second day of training. She awoke by Venus throwing the cover off of her and rushing her to change.

What a great way to start the day.

She strolled back into the training room. There were still not a lot of people today, but more than yesterday.

"Beatrice!" someone exclaimed. She turned around to see Peeta by the camouflage station. "You still up for a camouflage lesson?" the blond man asked.