Preface

Alright. Hello everyone and welcome to the fanfiction Nightwing and Batgirl, which is my first fanfiction on DC comics.

The idea of writing this fanfiction came a long time ago. First, I am a fan of the Batman franchise. In fact, it is my only favourite superhero franchise, primarily because unlike other heroes, both Marvel and DC, Batman does not have any powers like Superman or the Flash. That what got me attracted to the Batman in the first place.

Second of all, as the name suggests, this fanfiction centres around my favourite Batman characters; Nightwing (Dick Grayson) and Batgirl (Barbara Gordon). Since there are no comic series with that name, nor any animated series, I decided to make up this spinoff on my own.

This fanfiction is based on many Batman products. First of all, this fanfiction is based on the 1992 Batman: The Animated Series, in regards to the setting; Gotham City in this story is set in an alternate "timeless" world with stylistic similarities to the 1940s, such as cars, weapons, jazz and clothing of that time period, while having anachronistic technologies such as computers, recorders, CCTV and television (black and white). Additional elements include Dark Deco and dieselpunk. Not to mention that Batman made his first appearance in the 1940s.

This story is a fusion of both Post-Crisis and New 52 comics. In fact, there will be numerous references to Batman: Year One, Batman: The Long Halloween, and Batman: Dark Victory. For this first arc of the fanfiction, which tells the origin story of both Nightwing and Batgirl; comics such as Nightwing: Year One, Batgirl: Year One, Batman: Dark Victory, and the two-part episode Shadow of the Bat from Batman: The Animated Series serve as the inspiration.

Also, there would be some stories where two Batman characters are merged into one character, like for example, in Batman: Begins, Liam Neeson's Ra's al Ghul first introduces himself as Henri Ducard, another character from the Batman mythos.

Since this is my first superhero fanfiction, I would really like to read your reviews on this, so please welcome to write any reviews. Hope you would enjoy reading this.