Ch 23: 'When I Was Young'

Começar do início

Bakugo: [To Sero] "Now, as I was saying, knock-off Spider-Man. Sometimes in life, you can be awesome in a really flashy way...Like me~" [Smirks] "But, as you can see, my boy is choosing to go awesome in a more 'to itself' kinda direction. He's doing so because if he goes really awesome in front of all these heroes, he'll show the extras watching at home--"

Iida: [In the back] "Stop calling people extras!"

Bakugo: "Whatever, extra. He'll show all these extras at home that all these other heroes are nothing compared to him. And they'll be wanting my boy to save the day ALL THE TIME! Hence, taking him away from getting with girls. And my boy doesn't want that. So, he's keeping it on the lower..." [Leans in and whispers] "Or on the high, if you're comparing his power levels to the Worm or Jiro."

"Hey!"

Such a shout came from both Mineta and Jiro at that moment. However, Bakugo disputed both by ignoring them. Instead, he just turned back around and focused in on the battle as Todoroki began taking his first steps toward (Y/n). With each step he made, ice was left behind on the ground. A frozen footprint left in his wake. All the while a fiery glare focused in on the emotionless face of the being that was once (Y/n).

Todoroki: "You can change your shape all want, Midoriya. But I'm not going to lose this fight..."

A breath escapes his lips, noticeable due to the cold environment resonating from Todoroki's body. As this happens, Todoroki offers a brief glance up at his Father, Endeavor, who wants from the top row of the arena. A quick second is all it took before he turned back to the unrecognizable face of (Y/n).

Todoroki: "You said you were going to show us who the strongest is. Now's the time for it. But as I said, I'm not going to lose this fight...Even without using my old man's quirk. So I hope you're prepared to lose in my place. Because that's the only outcome that's going to happen."

No response came from (Y/n), as had been the case since he activated Fear Third. The hovering aura made up of green energy just remained in place. Not a single sound came from it as Todoroki's words came to an end...And a towering spear of ice launched from his feet. Even so, (Y/n)'s appearance did not move. It caused tension to build for everyone.

From the students in the grandstand...

Yaoyorozu: "No, (Y/n)!"

Iida: "He's gotta move!"

Tokoyami: "Use the darkness."

Kaminari: [To Tokoyami] "You're really edgy. You know that, right?"

Tokoyami: "...I do."

The teachers on the field...

Midnight: [Mutters] "You know...I don't want (Y/n) to get hurt. But if this attack hits (Y/n), and he's forced to be in the school hospital for a bit..." [Smiles] "I could be the perfect thing to cheer him up!"

Cementoss: [Blankly stares] "You do realize I can still hear you, right?"

Midnight: "Oh, hush, you. I'm thinking about how to make (Y/n) admit he finds me hot."

Cementoss: [Shaking head] "I regret transferring here."

The crowd watching eagerly...

"No way! How's he going to get out of this one!"

"There's no way he can, its coming right for him."

"This is the end!"

"Well, it was nice watching the fight up until this point."

"There's no way they can kill someone live, right?"

"Someone's gotta intervene!"

"Midnight! Step on me--I mean...Save the boy!"